-Two-

Two.

 Ok, so I have probably been in this classroom for ten minutes at most, and I already have two people who probably hate my guts and would, apparently, ‘bite me.’

As I say in my English classroom, tapping my pen onto my desk continuously as Mrs. Pent lectured on and on about the importance of Huck Finn as a unreliable narrator, all I could think was ‘what does bite me even mean?’ Obviously ‘bite me’ isn’t a friendly use of jargon, but maybe I could be optimistic and take it as a ‘bite me I secretly love you’ type of way?

Aw screw it, this truly girl hates me and I do not even know her name. I don’t know why she could possibly hate me so soon when she hasn’t even seen me at my worst…I mean I think the worst thing I’ve done so far in this classroom is reference the economic value of potatoes and does that really qualify her to hate me?

I will admit she is kind of interesting in a ‘mysterious and damaged soul’ type of way with her long dark brown hair sticking up everywhere and her dark makeup smeared all around her crystal blue eyes. She had on a torn gray crop shirt and a large green army jacket so it gave me the impression that I should probably stay away from her after this class.

Yeah, I really should just ignore her and go on with my day as if I’m not a current social freak

“Did I do something to offend you?” I asked her slowly when Mrs. Pent turned around to write something on the board.

I saw blue eyes slowly narrow a bit and a glare appeared on her faced, and she turned to face me. This is one of the many moments in my life where I wish I could just clutch a remote and rewind to a time where I didn’t act like a complete idiot.

The school bell rung and all the students in the class began to rise from their seats with smiles on their faces to have English class done. The boy who was glaring at me earlier walked behind my chair, elbowing me painfully in the back of my head, and then he walked out of the classroom chuckling like he just saw a old man fall in a puddle.

The girl next to me quickly got up from her seat and swung her black backpack over her shoulders forcefully.

“I don’t like rich boys,” said the girl to me and then she walked out of the classroom.

Being the awkward sixteen-year old boy I am, I watched her as she left the room, and all I could think was that I am speechless. No, that’s a lie because I also thought she was pretty tall for a girl and her black skirt was short.

“Hey mate, don’t get yourself down about Maya. She’s like that around everyone in this school,” said a boy with curly brown hair, “I’m Harry by the way. Liam and me would be glad to show you around if you’re feeling lost.”

Harry and Liam where sitting in the desk in front of mine during class, and they seemed like the only genuine people in the class that might actually like me. Or at least be remotely nice to me for at least a day.

“I’m going to have to take you up on that offer, because it took me twenty minutes just to find this classroom, and I suffered a lot of new kid embarrassment from it. Thanks!” I said to Harry and Liam with a smile on my face.

“Yeah, I have to admit your entrance to the class was quite amusing. Ha ha, I love how while you were talking you looked like you were about to cry!” said Liam laughing along with Harry.

“Hey, I am a shy, awkward boy!” I protested as the three of us left in search for my next class, Biology.

“Believe me, we could tell! Don’t worry though because with us taking you under our wing, you’re sure to be just fine. I mean let’s face it, the ladies cannot resist the curls,” said Harry chuckling and then striking a pose for nobody in particular.