Chapter 6

cover made by Insecure_Me. sorry for it being fast-paced

forest

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Candice’s POV

          Lukas pushed me onto my knees, causing them to bleed and bruise a lot easier from the other pushing’s. I felt the gun to my head. There was a sudden rattling noise coming from upstairs.  Gunner cautiously walked upstairs. When he closed the door, we heard a loud scream. Lukas wrapped the zip-tie handcuffs deeper into my wrists. He soon loaded the gun.

          The door got busted down. Dust flew into the air and a figure came stepping onto the stairs.

          “Jason!” I cried.

          “Candice, oh -” He got cut off.

          “Whoa, there little one,” Lukas pointed the gun at, Jason. “Not so fast.”

          Jason pulled out my gun. “Let her go,” He said in a deep voice.

          “Now, why would I do that? This girl you have is really pretty.”

          “That’s not the point. The point is she’s mine and if you don’t let her go I will hurt you.”

          “Hurt me how?”

          “There’s a way,” Jason whispered.

          Jason shot at Lukas’s shoulder. He staggered backwards and crashed into the wall. I stood paranoid, not being able to move. “Candice, come on!”

          Jason grabbed my hand and pulled me with him. The whip burns stung like hell. We got into the car and drove off down the cracked, faded-lined U.S 40.

          “What did they do to you?”

          “They abused me and whipped me.”

          “They what?”

          I looked at the girl in the front seat. She was freaking out more than I was. A storm was raging. The winds where high, lightning danced along the horizon, thunder boomed like bombs and rain washed down with big splashes. There were bright headlights ganging behind us. I sunk down in my seat. Gun shots went off, bouncing off of the black metal.

          Jason was losing control of the car. We where swerving due to high rains. Jason sighed.

          “Candice, this is, Jenna,” Jason said to try to calm me down.

          “This calming down thing is working, Jay!” I yelled.

          There was suddenly a gun shot that hit the back passenger side tire and driver side tire. Jason was total out of control. We flew off the side of the road and rolled down the hill three times, and crashing into a tree. I groaned in pain and so did, Jason. The air bags kept him from looking.

          “Jen, you okay?” He asked.

          “Yeah, I’m fine!”

          There was a car that stopped on the road. It was Lukas and Gunner. We got out of the car and ran into the depths of the forest. The storm raged on. Thunder boomed overhead. All of our faces where cut of the loose glass and gravel. Jenna’s was the worse. I limped behind Jason and Jenna. My bad foot hit a hole and I came tumbling into the muddy, disgusting ground. “Candice!” Jason called.

          I watched Jason and Jenna come running towards me. Lukas and Gunner where right on top of us. They helped me and we kept running into the woods. Gun shots kept getting shot off. Their sound effects bounced off into the trees and mountains. We hit a river and Jason looked at me concerned.

          “Can you swim?” He asked.

          “Yeah . . . well at least I’ll try.”

          Jason nodded. “Wait for me and Jen to get to the other side. Then you can go in.”

          I nod in response. Jason and Jenna dived in. Lukas kept shooting of his gun. I looked behind me and saw the shadows of my two kidnappers hot on my trail. Jason shouted my name and I went in. My weight is weak and I started to sink. I watched someone jump in. Then I was almost at the bottom as someone grabbed my arm.

          My vision blurred. Jason stared down at me. I moved my left arm and swam with, Jason. We reached the surface and I took in a deep breath. Water bubbled from my mouth. Jason watched my kidnappers’ fast approach from the river. Jason helped me up and he and Jenna wrapped their arms around my neck. I cried in pain. My ankle was swollen.

          My kidnappers yelled from the trees, “We will get you Candice Jackson!”

          Their voice’s echoed. I closed my eyes in pain. Twigs where snapping behind us. We kept running, yet I was slowing Jason and Jenna down. I fell from their grip. My eyes began to close.

          “Jenna, I need you to call 911 and tell them we need a helicopter.”

          “No service.”

          Jason stared at me. It was a usual warm summer night, but the ice cold ran made me freeze as if I was in winter.

          “Candice, stay with me,” Jason tapped my cheek lightly.

          “J - Jason I l - love you,” I whispered in pain.

          “I love you, too. Stay with me.”

          My hand slipped in the grip on, Jason’s. The kidnappers had arrived.

          “Well, well, well. Ain’t it like a family reunion?”

          “Lukas,” Candice whispered.

          “Oh, well . . . what happened here?”

          “Gunner,” Candice’s breathing slowed.

          “Get away from us,” Jason demanded.

          Jason got up and kicked the two guys in the face. Jenna came rushing back.

          “They’re on their way.”

          “Good, how long?”

          “About ten to fifteen minutes.”

          “Crap, that isn’t enough time.”

          The voices echoed. That’s when I was already gone.