Chapter Six

My father arrived seven minutes ago, and he hasn't taken his eyes off Seth. If you didn't know my dad, you wouldn't be able to tell if he was mad or not, but I knew him, and his face showed small signs that others wouldn't have picked up. His jaw was set, his breathing stopped, and his mouth was pressed into a thin line. His eyes held a murderous glint, and Seth recognized that. He was beyond angry.

           While my father was thinking about where to kill Seth and hide his body, Seth looked like his life had flashed before his eyes. He sat next to me with a stunned, oh-shit-I'm-caught look on his face. I would encourage Seth to take a few steps away from me, but if he did than the bed wouldn't be there to protect him if my father decided he didn't like Seths head on his shoulders.

           "Daddy!" I said.

           He cut his eyes to me. They didn't soften, and he didn't blink. I'm was in big trouble.

           My father wore a 3-button executive wool suit with a blood red tie. The suit itself was menacing, but with my dad wearing it, it looked lethal. And expensive. My dad stood at six-four, never losing his posture, and he had a body built like a brick wall. You don't go past him or through him. You either go over and under. Either way he'll catch you and put in a cage mean't for a dog. Like me, he has short chocolate brown hair. Unlike me, he has light blue eyes that held secrets that were anything but innocent. 

           He had an aura that everyone felt. The murders he committed, bounty hunter or not, weighed over his head and radiated off of him. You look at him, and you think he's going to go mentally insane. His personality ranged from being brave to being hot-head. He needs to work on his temper as much as he needs to work on his people skills. I should know. We barely talk, but when it comes to my dad, no news is good news.

           Seth and I held our breathes when my father began to walk towards the bed. Even with the bed separating them, my father was getting closer to Seth. My father stopped at the edge of the bed and gently slid his hand into mine. I heard Seth shuffle away from the bed and to the couch. I looked down at my hand and realised it was bandaged. State of surprise.

           I gave my dad a small grin. "So," I started. "How much trouble am I in?"

           "What makes you think you're in trouble?" He asked me.

           "Um," I stuttered. "I, uh, um..."

           He squatted so he could be at eye level with me. "What could you have possibly done to get yourself in trouble?" He said. His voice had a taunting yet furious edge to it.

           "I didn't tell you I had a roommate." I said.

           Something in his eyes sparked. "And?"

           "H-He was a-a guy." I held Seth shift uncomfortably on the couch. My father would be okay if Seth was a girl, but he's not. He's a young adult with a past.

          "You have a lot of explaining to do." He told me.

           I sighed. "I know." After a few long moments, he finally grinned at me. His eyes still held a murderous glint.

           I squeezed his hand and gave a small frown. I didn't want him to find out this way. In fact, I didn't want him to find out at all. I thought after a few weeks of living with Seth, I'd have enough money to stand on my two feet. Weeks turned into months, and a whole year passed. It wasn't the best year of my life. Seth is a horrible roommate.

           "Well," Seth spoke up. I heard him stand up. "I think I'll go and leave and let you two to catch up-"

           "Park it!" My father fiercely ordered. I let out a surprised "eep", and I heard Seth fall back on the couch.