chapter 4

𝐂 𝐀 𝐌 𝐄 𝐑 𝐎 𝐍

"Mum! I can't find my permission slip for Hogsmeade!" Ron yelled, popping his head into the kitchen.

"On the counter!" Mrs. Weasley cried back while frantically making breakfast for everyone.

The end of summer had finally arrived, and the gloomy weather seemed to be yet another reminder. But I had been excited to go back to Hogwarts and begin Quidditch again. Not to mention that I could get away from my parents who were constantly telling me that I wasn't good enough compared to my siblings.

I grabbed a piece of buttered toast and tossed one to Ronni, who was sitting on her trunk trying to close it.

"Fanks," she responded in a muffled voice, taking a bite out of it.

"BOYS!" Mrs. Weasley hollered at the top of her lungs, startling everyone. Fred, George and Alyx came in with smirks on their faces, looking anything but innocent.

"DID YOU BEWITCH PERCY'S HEAD BOY BADGE!"

The three of them all took in a collective gasp, while Percy crossed his arms and glared at them.

"Why Mother! How on earth could you accuse us of doing so disastrous to our favourite brother?" Fred started.

"We love Percy! And we are proud of his new title as Humongous Bighead," George added.

"We think it suits him perfectly, considering his head is rather huge." Alyx finished.

"YOU TOO BETTER FIND SOME WAY TO REVERSE THIS NONSENSE OR I WON'T HESITATE TO LEAVE YOU AT HOME!"

"Well, since we are good people—"

"—Great people," George corrected Fred.

"We will fix our dear brother's badge," Alyx finished. With that, they took the badge in their hands somehow managed to turn it back into its original form.

"How in Merlin's beard can they do that without their wands but still manage to fail all of their classes?" Ronni whispered to me.

Before I could answer, Mrs. Weasley's sharp voice rang through the kitchen.

"We have to get going! We were supposed to leave five minutes ago!"

I shoved the rest of the toast into my mouth and quickly gathered my trunk, my prized Nimbus 2000, and my owl Iris. Though I've been warned not to, I stuffed my wand into my back pocket. Ronni came running behind me holding her prized bag Hermonie gave her, and we headed into the car.

"Oh for goodness sake, Ginny! Just put your things in the car! Stop teasing your brother, George! Now are we all ready to go?" Mrs. Weasley said.

We mumbled some incoherent answers and Mrs.Weasley drove to King's Cross station.

The journey was quite uncomfortable, with Harry, Ron, and Hermione all squished together in a row. Ron's ears were pink from being in such close contact to Hermione. Ginny, Ronni, and I all sat in another row, and Fred, George and Alyx kept teasing Ginny about who she had a crush on, causing her cheeks to turn as red as her hair. Percy sat in the front, doing his best to block out the conversation from the back, but he stiffened anytime Fred, George or Alyx had a go at him.