》20. You look pretty damn sexy《

Chapter 20: You look pretty damn sexy

We drove for the entire evening until we found a motel to stay at. It was now one in the morning and my eyes were dropping close. I could feel my cheek swelling up further and the pain on my abdomen was beginning to get unbearable.

I leaned against the car door and waited as Aiden got us a room at the reception. We had decided that I wouldn't go along with him given my bruised face as it only looked suspicious. I hunched over and gently pressed down on my stomach, cringing at the blossoming soreness. I exhaled a deep breath and sat down on the ground.

I'd been beaten up worse than this before; but I guess being hit with such a harsh blow on the same exact spot I had been hurt only two days ago increased the discomfort tenfold. I touched my throat, remembering being strangled – the pain had gone but there was still faint marks.

"Princess, you okay?"

I glanced up at Aiden's approaching figure and saw he had a set of keys dangling on his finger.

I nodded and masked the throbbing pain which flared across my abdomen as I stood up. "Yeah."

Aiden stared at me warily in caution before grabbing the bag from the ground and swinging it across his shoulder. I followed after him as he led us past a few more doors until we reached one which had room 12 written on the front.

He unlocked the door and we stepped inside. I flicked on the lights beside the door. The room lit up brightly and I took in the rather decent room. Motels were not always very nice, but this one was okay, not as furnished as the one in the Inn but that was fine.

My eyes zeroed in on the one double bed and I bit my lip. I guess Aiden and I were sharing a bed again. I tried to push that thought to the back of my mind as I sat down on the edge of the bed, sighing.

Aiden set our bag and the snacks bag down on the floor and headed into the bathroom. I took this opportunity to finally check my stomach. I pulled off my hoodie and raised the t-shirt I wore.

I instantly shut my eyes at the look of my skin.

God, it looked horrible and looking at it made it ache even more. Purple and blue colours danced across my lower stomach – bruises scattered upon each other. I stood in front of the dresser mirror and searched for any signs of internal damage.

"Oh my God," I heard a sharp in take of breath.

I jolted a little and shoved my shirt down, whirling around. Aiden stood beside the door. His eyes lingered on my covered stomach and a look of pain and worry swam in his honey orbs.

"Aiden, it's nothing," I shrugged.

His eyes locked with mine and he narrowed them. "No, it's not. I knew you were in pain. I didn't think you got hurt this badly."

Before I could respond, he came towards me and grabbed my shoulders. Setting me down on the bed, he then searched through the backpack until he pulled out a first aid kit.

I opened my mouth to say something as he came back to me and he sent me a look which made me clamp my mouth shut. I remained silent as he opened the kit and studied a few ointment boxes, looking for the correct cream.

"I don't need those. I need ice," I told him.

"I know," he replied.

He got up and went to the mini fridge, luckily finding cubes of ice. He wrapped a few in a towel he found in the bathroom. When his fingers touched the hem of my shirt, I tensed. He must have noticed my stiffened form but seemed to not care as he tugged it up, and a deep frown set across his handsome features at the sight of my battered skin. He pressed the ice against my stomach.