Chapter 1

“SHAE!! Come down and wash up! Dinners going to be ready soon!” my mom hollered to me from downstairs. To be honest, I really wasn’t in the mood for eating.

Today was a crappy day; well at least it ended crappy. Me and my boyfriend of 2 years were going to spend his last day in California together because he was soon leaving for Africa on a mission’s trip, or so I thought. He called me up this morning telling me to meet him at the pier, where we had our first date. But when I got there, I saw him, and he wasn’t alone, he was with another girl and they looked really happy together. Slowly I walked up to them and said hi, not really sure what was going on. He looked me straight in the eyes and said, word for word “Shae, I can’t do this anymore, I don’t love you like I used to. Kirsten is the new love of my life, and tomorrow instead of me going to Africa; we are running away to New York together.” With that he turned around and walked away with Kirsten, who never took that plastic smile off her face. I could not believe it, not only did Keegan just break up with me, he lied to me, and was running away with another girl. The person I thought I was going to be with forever just walked straight out of my life.

Sitting in my room, I knew I had to get downstairs and have dinner with the family. I slowly got up and went downstairs. I heard my little siblings running around screaming and having fun, so I tried to put a smile on my face. As I turned the corner, the twins, Shelby and Marx ran behind me and shoved me in front of them.  They were running from their older brother Nolan who was playing tickle monster with them. Even though I was in a depressed mood, I had to smile at their sweet innocence.

Mom knew what happened and when she saw me grabbed me and wrapped me into a giant hug. “Everything is going to be okay baby” she whispered into my ears. It was hard to believe her, but I knew deep down she was right. “Mom, I really don’t feel like eating tonight, I just need to get out of the house and clear my mind.” She nodded approvingly and said that I could go walk around downtown instead and clear my mind. So I grabbed a light sweater, said goodbye to the girls and Nolan, and walked out the front door.

I wasn’t really sure where I was going to go, but that was something to help me clear my mind. I walked for a couple blocks, looking into some small boutiques, people watching, just doing whatever I could to clear my mind. Suddenly I was pulled out of my own little world and snapped back to reality. I looked around and saw a bunch of people running down the streets, some with cameras, some people holding posters, pretty much pure insanity. I grew quite curious and started jogging along behind them. Up ahead I saw a stage with 5 microphones. Oh cool a free concert. I pushed my way to the front of the large crowd that had now gathered, so now I was in the front row. All of the sudden a voice came through the speakers “Are you ready for One Direction!?” Instantly the crowd went wild, screaming, even some were crying! Wow One Direction must be a pretty big deal; I’m surprised I’ve never heard of them. The lights went dim, and we saw the shadows of 5 boys walk onto stage.