Chapter Seventeen - Birthday

"Hey, can I come in?" Rose asked standing in the doorway to Alison's bedroom. Alison looked at Rose through the mirror as she put earrings in.

"Sure" Alison said softly. Rose gave her a small smile and walked forwards. She sat in a chair near Alison not speaking for a couple of moments.

"So... his names Embry?" Rose said slowly hoping she got his name right. Alison glanced at Rose through the mirror again before nodding slowly with a smile on her lips.

"Yea" She confirmed. "Embry Call" She said not knowing why she felt the need to say his whole name but in doing so it only made her smile wider. Rose could already see how happy he made her, not that there was any doubt in the first place.

"I'm sorry" Rose said looking down to the ground but Alison continued to look at her. "It's no secret that I don't like wolves-"

"Or anybody outside the family" Alison added with a smile. Rose smiled as well looking up.

"But that doesn't mean I should put my hate in front of your happiness" Rose said becoming serious. "It's obvious that you care for him. He makes you happy. I acted too quickly, I was thinking about my opinions and thought that you should think the same as me but that's just not the case. Alison, you should know that none of us wanted to make you feel uncomfortable, we didn't want that" She said.

"I know, I know" Alison said turning to face Rose. "I shouldn't -"

"No, you had every right to say what you did" Rose said nodding. "I love you enough to... tolerate the wolf" She said making Alison smile.

"Thank you, Rose" She whispered and Rose smiled nodding.

"Who else knows about him?" Rose questioned curiously.

"I'm assuming Edward but I don't know, I didn't tell anybody. I assumed you did" Alison told her honestly.

"No, after how upset you looked when you left I didn't want to make things worse and go around telling everybody... No matter how many times Emmett begged" Rose said with a smile. Alison smiled gratefully.

"Well then, you're the only one who knows and I'd like to keep it that way" Alison said truthfully. "For now, at least" She said.

"I understand" Rose said standing up. "Can I do your hair?" She asked hesitantly.

"I'm sure you can do better than me" Alison said honestly turning back around in her chair. Rose smiled walking up behind her.

"Not that you need anything done but I'm sure I can make you look... wow" She said with a smile. "There" She said after a while. "I'm sure you're going to go see him afterwards" Rose said and Alison gave a small shrug.

"If he's out" Alison said honestly. "The others aren't very nice but I guess that's just how things are with me being a vampire"

"And it doesn't bother him?" Rose asked wondering how this was going to work.

"It's different with him" Alison told her. "He doesn't smell like the other werewolves and apparently I don't smell like other vampires" She said. "I don't feel.. tempted around him.. for blood" She clarified.

"That's good" Rose said nodding.

"Are you two ready?" Alice said hopping into the room grinning happy that they had made up.

"Yea" Alison said standing up.

"Excellent, lets get going" She said leaving the room. Rose and Alison smiled at each other before going down the steps towards the room Alice had set up for Bella. "Great, everyone's here, I'm going to go get Bella and Edward" She said leaving the room. Rose left Alison to stand besides Emmett. Esme smiled happy that the two girls were getting along again.

"Sorry about all this, we tried to rein Alice in" Carlisle said as Bella and Edward came into the room.

"Like that's even possible" Esme joked kindheartedly. "Happy birthday, Bella" Esme said smiling before Alice took a picture surprising Bella.

"Found it in your bag.. Mind?" Alice questioned but Bella just shakes her head.

"Dating an older woman. Hot" Emmett joked and Edward elbowed him. "What?" He asked confused. Alison smiled at them before looking at Bella. Rose stepped up giving Bella the gift.

"It's a necklace, Alice picked it out" Rose said with no interest before walking away.

"Show me the love" Alice said taking a picture of Edward and Bella. "For your scrapbook, now open your presents!" Alice shouted. "Here, this one's from Emmett" Alice said handing her a box. Bella holds it and shakes it wondering why it felt like there was nothing in there. Emmett smirked widely with his arms crossed.

"Already installed it in your truck" He said nodding. "Finally,a decent sound system in that piece of-"

"No hating on the truck" Bella scolded jokingly. "Thank you" She added and he nodded.

"Open mine" Alice said handing her a gift. Bella grabs it and begins to open it when she cuts her finger. She doesn't think anything of it for a second before she realizes she's in a house full of vampires. Her head snaps up seeing everybody was looking at her differently. Before she knew it Edward was throwing her behind him sending her flying to the wall shattering plates and glass.

Jasper races towards Bella but Edward pushes him backwards sending him across the room. Alison takes a step towards Bella but freezes. Her throat burns and all she can think about is how badly she wanted the blood. But then he crossed her mind, she thought about Embry and how she would react if it was him instead of Bella. Without a second thought Alison was out of the house racing through the woods.