Unanswered

Arietta's POV:

"Mmh, Father - I don't want the roasted duck

"Mmh, Father - I don't want the roasted duck . . ." I mutter half awake - my mind was in the middle of waking up and I was disoriented, half still in my dream.

I was helping choose the dinner menu for my wedding feast and - wait.

My body feels heavy suddenly with the realization - I'm not on my bed. I'm on - something itchy and dusty smelling.

A light rustling scratches at the back of my mind. I gasp and shoot up, my face coming inches away from another. The oddest colored eyes widen with mine.

I scream.

Loudly.

Judging by how fast all the other men in this place come running from where ever it is they were hiding.

"What the bloody hell?"

I gasp and clutch at my chest as I realize what scared the life out of me. A little boy, probably only about thirteen or so years, he had tumbling tousled near white colored hair, pale as anything and freckles that littered his delicate upturned nose.

He stays where he is in a frog like position, arms on his thighs and just cocks his head to the side like a curious animal.

His eyes - I - I feel disoriented when I look at them. It was impossible to identify what color they actually are. A strange whirling mixture of purples and pinks and – Blue? - I don't know.

But they seem to glow in his face, stunning and deep, dark with a strangely bright light to them - it's as if those eyes have seen so much more than that young of a face should have, they feel like they're looking into my mind – like they can see what I'm thinking. It's unnerving.

"Don't be alarmed milady. That's just Terrowyn - he's just curious. Shame on you, boy - don't you know it's rude to sneak up on a sleeping maiden!" The red haired man- I can't remember his name.

I don't - my head spins and I clutch at it. "It's - fine - just - " I let out a deep breath.

I remember everything else though. Kidnapped - Tired - the entire reason behind this is ridiculousness but - I sigh again.

"Time to go then."

"Huh?" I gape in an extremely unlady-like manner, Fiona would be so upset, as I look up at the kidnapper.

"Time to go." He repeats as if he was talking to a child.

I find that offensive. My nose wrinkles in distaste. "Oh - "

"Come, I don't want to go when the entire place is awake. Better to have as little people know about this as possible." He continues and throws on his dusty cloak.