Acrostic: "Change"

Sitting alone on the concrete sidewalk, he fingers the blades of grass protruding from the cracks.

Instead of trying to get help, he chooses to give up. Why should he continue to try when everyone ignores his cries?

Lying on the moist grass, he looks up at the bright blue sky. The sun shines on his olive skin and makes his emerald orbs sparkle. He thinks of the future and what it could bring.

Everyone around him passes by as if nothing is wrong. Some will even glance in his direction, but quickly continue on as if he were invisible.

Noticing this, he sighs. He plucks a flower out of the moist soil and brings it to his nose, smelling it's earthy scent. One by one, he

Caresses it's petals.

Every day, he does the same thing. He needs a place where he can get away from his alcoholic mother. What better place then the hill on 4th street, just by the park? Looking up to the sky, he sees that a rainbow is peeking hrough the clouds. Red, orange, yellow, green, blue,

Indigo, and violet streak throughout the sky. The

Sun's rays shine through, making the colors seem more vibrant than he ever thought possible.

The birds above him sing a happy song. As

He rests on a tree trunk, he watches pedestrians pass by. He sees a little girl, most likely about four years old. She's dressed in a blue dress that reaches her knees. Looking up at him, she smiled and gives a little wave. Her fingers are small and slender.

Evan smiles at her kind gesture. He continues to listen to the birds chirp, the trees sway, and the sound of muffled communication. Before you know it, he falls asleep, the cool grass acting as a mattress.

Later that day, he wakes up. Instead of waking up alone, he turns to see a girl his age perched next to him. "Good morning, Sleeping Beauty," she says with a smile. Her blonde hair falls over her shoulders, accentuating her brightly-lit blue eyes. Groggily, Evan asks, "How long have I been sleeping?" He wipes the sand from his eyes as he waits for an answer.

Only about a half hour." she states. She looks over at him and smiles once more. Evan returns the smile, pleased to see that someone has joined him

Under the leafy oak tree. "What's your name?" Evan asks. Tucking a strand of golden locks behind her ear, she says, "Lisa. What's yours?" Evan tells her his name and she extends a hand, "Nice to meet you, Evan." As the

Day comes to a close, Evan and Lisa watch the sunset. Crimson, orange, and blazing yellow swirl into the sky.

Evan smiles to himself, thankful that he's finally found someone to call a friend. He thinks he could get used to

Seeing her every day. Her warm smile and contagious laughter. Before you know it,

The day is over, the magical sunset replaced by the dark night sky, covered with stars.

Can this day get any better?" Lisa asks, grabbing his hand. Evan smiles once again. It seems as though it's all he can do with Lisa around.

Right as the sunset dwindled down, they fell asleep under the stunning stars.

You never know when or where you can make a friend.