Chapter 1: Fly like a bird

It was beautiful outside, so quiet, sunny and peaceful.... my ideal paradise. As I glanced to the other side of the train tracks, I noticed my grandparents were calling me. They reached out for my hand, but I couldn't reach up to them. Then i felt a hand on my shoulder behind me, but before I could see who it was, it was pitch dark and as always... I woke up. To recall i've been having the same dream for 3 years every other night and its been 7 years since my grandparents passed away in the car crash.

Well back to reality. I brushed my teeth and went downstairs to eat some breakfast. Hoping to have a family downstairs, I remembered everyone was too busy for me. It was a Sunday and this is the one day that everyone in the house is work free, even then there was no one home. My sister was gone with her boyfriend, brother went to play soccer, dad went to his client's house and mom went shopping.

As always i watched my Sunday morning shows with a bowl of cereal followed by some spirtual words from the Sikh guru speaking live from the Golden Temple. The Sikh guru is one of the two people who I learn from to strive to become a good human being. Today I learned about the idea that love is not about possession, but appreciation. Loving something does not mean you have to own it, instead you let it go to be free.

Following that, I went out for my bike ride to the countryside. The feeling of wind blowing in my hair and riding very fast as the cool breeze touched my face was everlasting. I stopped at the lake to admire the beautiful trees swaying back and forth, the water moving gently as i touched it and the birds... watching them was a pleasure i never got over.

The birds were in the water gently moving along and floating quietly. They looked so peaceful as their white wings flapped. Slowly they began to fly up and into the sky they dissapeared. The cool breeze touched their wings, as a few feathers dropped back. As always I wish I was them... free and flying.

I was heading back home on my bike... the breeze hitting me and hair flying back... it was a similar feeling, just like the free birds. I smiled as i got caught up on that feeling.. i called it freedom.

 I checked my phone to notice a text and then I remembered... this smile won't last long.