Chapter Three

It didn't take long after Flora reached the base of the stairs that her mother began ushering the family out into the car. Flora nearly fell over her platformed boots before finally taking her sit in the back. Flora kept her eyes focused on the window with a content smile on her face. Every few seconds she would tilt her head to hear the small rustling of her dangling star earrings. Of course, living so close to her grandparents meant it was no more than ten minutes before her mother had her standing in the driveway of number 4 privet drive and smoothing out the wrinkles in her overalls and striped t-shirt.

"Alright, Flora is your shirt on the right was this time?" Her mother fussed turning her around and checking, stuffing the tag back into her overalls, "Your grandfather won't ever let you live that one down." she sighed out.

Flora giggled as her mother tried to tame her, "Mama, I'm all set." She giggled again at her mother's exasperated look.

Dudley quickly stepped in putting his hands on his wife's shoulders as Elm hung on his back, "She's right to love, and you know there's no smoothing out her hair. Its naturally windblown," He winked at his daughter lightly tugging one of the everflowing strands. "Now come on before Mums head bursts in anticipation."

The small family made their way up to the door and knocked firmly. Almost instantly after they knocked, the door was pulled open by an ecstatic Petunia Dursely.

"Oh, Duddy!" The Grey haired woman tightly embraced her son, "Let me look at you. Oh as Handsom as ever!" She pulled his head down to place a chaste kiss on his forehead. Her attention shifting quickly after, "And Marie you're glowing as always!" She gently took the younger woman into a hug.

"Its good to see you Petunia," Marie smiled pulling back.

Petunia's face split into a Chesire grin as her eyes caught sight of her Grandchildren, "Oh look at you two come here," She crouch down opening her Frail arms for the two children.

Without a second thought the two blonde, freckled children rushed into their grandmother's arms, Nearly tumbling the poor women over in the process. With a joyous chuckle petunia finally released the vice grip she had on them. She pinched Elms little cheeks then turned to Flora.

"Oh my little Flower," She held the child's hands, "You're already so grown up. I could've sworn it was just yesterday I was holding you with your little baby blanket and-"

"Now Now Petunia let them in before you scare them off"

The gruff voice of Vernon Dursley cut off his wife os he came to stand behind her. Age hasn't changed much of Vernon Dursley except the growing bald spots on his head and all hair left was shades of grey and white. The man still stern-faced and plump as every gently ushered his wife into the house and motioned for his son and his family to step in. Once they were all inside Vernon finally greeted them.

"Hello my boy," He slapped his large hand into Dudleys, "All's well with you I expect?"

Dudley nodded, "Yeah dad everything well with us how about you?" he crouched to help Elm untie his shoes, "Your hip been acting up at all?" He stood up straight again.

Vernon waved dismissively, "Oh a bum hip won't be slowing me down," He clapped his hand on elms back causing the boy to stumble giggling, "I'll be kicking forever, just you watch."

Flora let out an airy giggle as her grandfather ruffled her blonde hair, "But Pops no one can live forever."

Vernon just scoffed at his eldest grandchild and began to lead them into the kitchen Petunia had fled into. As the 5 of them stepped in they caught petunia fussing over where she put the cups.

"They're night next to you Petunia," Marie pointed out gently to the distressed woman.

Petunia turned and visibly relaxed, "Oh, of course, silly me," She cleared her throat, "Juice anyone?"

Flora padded up to her grandmother trying not to slip on the kitchen tile in her mismatched socks, "Can I help you bring the juice out Nan?" she tilted her head lightly, "Pretty please?"

Petunia was no match for the child's pleading gaze, so begrudgingly she allowed the birthday girl to assist her but the moment they finished she made her join the rest of their family at the table.

Multiple presents were quickly placed in front of the young girl as her eyes brighten with excitement. Her smiled stayed gentle and genuine throughout the multitude of gifts. From the lilac blouse nan gifted to the practical white socks from Pops. She remained joyous, grin widening as she opened the new set of oil paints from her mother and travel size gardening kit from her father. She was especially grateful for the lumpy tree sculpture Elm made her in school. Just as they were finishing up with the gifts a knock came from the door.

Petunia was quick to stand, "I'll go get that, its probably just something that needs to be signed for." She quickly shuffled down the short hallway to the door.

"Hello ma'am, by any chance is Flora Dursley here with her parents?" The voice at the door drifted through the small house.

"Uhm they- yes- They're here, yes," came her stuttered reply, "Dud-Dudley! Bring Marie and- and bring Flora too!" She quickly called out.

The trio stood and stepped into the Hallway, Flora trailing directly behind her parents. As they reached the door they saw a man similar to Dudley's height and age stood on the stoop. He wore what looked to be the cloak equivalent of a suit and his blond hair was kept together in a professional manner his eyes kind as they landed on the small family.

"Hello Mr. and Mrs. Dursley, I'm Neville Longbottom, Its a pleasure," He stuck out his hand shaking Dudley and Marie's.

"Please, call us Dudley and Marie," He paced a hand on his Daughters shoulder, "And this is our daughter Flora," the young girl gave a smile that lit up her dreamy eyes, "How may we help you, Neville?"

The man cleared his throat, quickly looking back to the young girl's father, "I'm from Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry." He paused as he saw a young boy attach to the younger woman's leg, "I'm here to deliver your daughters acceptance letter and inform you on all you need to know and get before she attends school."

Petunia let out a small scream covering her mouth with her hands. The poor woman looked about ready to faint.

"May I come in?" Neville asked eyeing the elderly woman nervously along with the two parents.

Marie nodded quickly, "Of course, the living rooms this way." She ushered him in and led The group to the living room all sitting throughout it.

Just after they all sat Vernons heavy steps were heard coming into the living room. Dudley was quick to stand head held high as he faced his father.

"What's going on?" His gruff voice rang out, "Who's this?" he lifted a hand towards Neville.

Dudley swallowed, "Dad, this is Neville, He's here from Hogwarts," He gently placed a hand on his daughter's shoulder, "He's here for Flora."

All was silent for a moment the tension in the room making Flora hunch down. The young girl never liked tense situations, they often either began or ended with someone upset, and she hated it when people were upset. Before she got the chance to decide if it would end or begin with someone upset the answer presented itself.

A/N: 1,249 Words!!! That's the most I've ever written for this!!! HOpe you guys enjoy please vote comment and share with others!!! Love you all!!