confession

"I can't believe it..." Tyler trailed off, sitting down and sighing in disbelief. 

"Well believe it baby, you did it!" Tayla cheered, wearing a prize winning smile on her face. "See, I told you! Did I not tell him?" she turned to Cassidy, who laughed and nodded. 

"She did tell you, Ty" 

"Just... wow. Round two here we come!" Tyler said it out loud, though it still didn't seem real. It didn't seem real that despite being down two games to none in the series versus the Golden Knights, yet had won the next four games straight to take the series in six games. It didn't seem real he had scored the game winning goal in the last two games of the series, one in double overtime in game number six, sending Stars fans into a frenzy. He was certain he had never heard the arena that loud before; it gave him chills just thinking about it. 

"Who comes next?" Cassidy asked, popping a grape into her mouth. 

"Depends on the outcome of the Kings and Sharks series, which is going to game seven" Tayla confirmed, looking at the score on her phone. "So you guys still have a few days rest, at least" she added, and Tyler nodded, looking nervous. 

"Exciting stuff" Cassidy answered, sipping from the red solo cup.

"Is that beer?" Tyler asked, an eyebrow raised. 

"What? No..." Cassidy trailed off, taking another sip. 

"That's beer, isn't it?" Tyler narrowed his eyes. 

"It's wine" Cassidy replied weakly. 

"Wine? Wine!?" Tyler scoffed. "You're not even legal Cass" 

"I am home" she snapped, rolling her eyes. "Don't be such a overprotective turd" she added. 

"You gave that to her, didn't you?" Tyler asked Tayla, turning his attention to her. 

"Don't be such an overprotective turd" she repeated what Cassidy had said, and they both giggled. 

"I don't know why I put up with you guys sometimes" Tyler rolled his eyes, with a small smirk. 

"You love us" Cassidy stated with a shrug. "Besides, I'm not a little kid anymore. You know I can take care of myself" she pointed out. 

"I'm not overly fond of a bunch of drunken idiotic hockey players hanging around my sister" Tyler informed them, speaking honestly. "And speaking of which, they'll be here soon" Tyler got up, making sure everything was set. 

"It's all going to be fine" Tayla rolled her eyes at how paranoid Tyler was being. Little did she know, he had every reason to be paranoid. 

**

"Yup, drink up!" Tayla yelled over the loud thumping of the music. Jamie and Katie rolled their eyes and took the last of their drinks, admitting finally to defeat. Cassidy and Tayla high fived; they were undefeated tonight in the great game of beer pong. 

"Knock-knock" Cassidy asked Jamie and Katie. 

"Uh- who's there?" Jamie asked, confused. 

"Unde" Cassidy replied.

"Unde who?" Katie wrinkled her nose in confusion. 

"UNDEFEATED" both Tayla and Cassidy yelled at the same time, high fiving once more. 

"Oh my god" Jamie rolled his eyes. "How did we not see that coming? We've got the queen of lame ass jokes, and her minion" 

"Excuse me, I'm the princess" Cassidy informed Jamie, and all four of them laughed.