six

Both teens sat in front of their webcams with small smiles. They had been skyping each other a lot more recently since their little "date" in the game. Kelly was so still very iffy about the thought of Luke having a crush on her. If you could even call it that. All he had said was that Kelly was his type. Whatever that meant.

Kelly definitely had a huge crush on Luke. She has from the beginning and that was pretty clear to her now. However the thought of dating Luke scared her. Something inside Kelly didn't want her first relationship to be over the internet. Also adding the fact her mom wouldn't appreciate it very much either.

"So," Luke said shifting slightly on his bed so he was in a more comfortable position, "Have you thought about where you wanna go to school?"

Kelly shrugged, "Yeah. My mom wants me to go out of state, but I think I'm staying in Cali."

"That's cool."

"What about you? Have you thought about it?" Kelly asked biting down on her lip. It was scary to think that Kelly would be going to college soon. She'd be moving out and starting her life very soon.

Luke nodded, "I was actually thinking about going to the states for school. They just have good opportunities? I don't know." He laughed nervously. That wasn't the only reason Luke wanted to leave. He had so much baggage here at home. From his father always on his ass and the neighborhood problems. Luke wanted an escape.

"Really? And your moms actually okay with that?" Kelly questioned knowing how protective Luke's mother was of him. Sometimes when they played online, Kelly could hear Luke's mom talking to him in the background. She seemed sweet.

"Yeah," Luke trailed off, "She doesn't exactly know about it yet."

"Luke!" Kelly cried. News like that isn't something you spring upon someone last minute. She wondered where he would get the money from to make a move like that. But she had a hunch that Luke's father would most likely supply him with the money he needed.

"I know I know. I'll tell her soon," he sighed running his fingers through his hair. Kelly watched in awe as he did this. She grew to really enjoy watching him fix his hair, as weird as that sounded.

However Kelly felt as if something was off with Luke. He seemed very nervous and fidgety. Which wasn't like him at all. "Are you okay?" She asked with full concern for the boy.

"Yeah it's just..." Luke looked up at his ceiling, "I don't know. I feel like I want to forgive my dad, but at the same time I hate him. What should I do Kelly?"

Kelly sucked in a quick breath. She was awful at giving serious advice. Especially if it was about parents because she could barely talk with her mother without getting into another argument. "I don't know Luke. It's your decision," was what she said. That's the best her advice could get.

Luke huffed out in defeat and laid down on his back. Kelly just sat there and watched him, unsure of what to say. After long moments of silence Luke finally spoke, "Why does everything have to be so complicated?"

Kelly closed her eyes feeling so sorry for the blue eyed boy. She just wanted to somehow teleport through the screen and give him a big hug because she felt he needed one right now. Kelly wanted to comfort Luke. "I don't know," she said letting out a sigh.

He sat up again a small smile on his lips which made her confused.

"You know I wasn't kidding, right?"

Kelly tilted her head to the side, "What do you mean?"

Luke blushed a bright red color, his eyes darting all over but at the laptop camera. His eyes finally met the lens making Kelly's heart skip a beat. "When I said you were my type."

"Oh," she nodded, "Well okay."

"Okay?" Luke chuckled, "All you have to say is okay?"

Kelly was an extremely awkward person. She didn't know how to interact with people a lot, which was one of the main reasons she played video games so much. It was just that talking to people made her anxious and uncomfortable. So the fact she was even talking to Luke like this was surprising. But when he put the spotlight on Kelly, she didn't know how to react.

"I-I don't know what I'm supposed to say," she stuttered looking down at her hands. The black nail polish was chipping away.

Luke tapped his finger to his chin, smiling like he would normally do. "Hm, maybe a 'oh Luke you're my type too! Oh my god!'" He tried squealing like what he believed a teenage girl would sound like. Kelly giggled shaking her head at his silliness.

"Shut up. I don't sound like that," Kelly defended herself as she crossed her legs in front of her.

"Yes you do," Luke smirked.

"No I don't," she argued back.

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes you do Kelly."

"No I do not Luke," Kelly laughed feeling like this argument was going absolutely nowhere. Luke laughed, leaning forward a bit. She could see several band posters covering the walls behind him. His walls were a deep shade of blue, which she liked very much.

"So I actually wanted to ask you -"

Luke was cut off by Kelly's bedroom door swinging open. Her head snapped to look who had entered. Of course it was her mother, who didn't look very happy.

"Kelly what did I tell you about blowing off your chores?" Her mother shouted. Kelly sighed and held up a finger to Luke, saying to wait a minute. "Are you talking to that boy again?"

"That's none of your business," Kelly spat before pushing passed her angry mother to leave the room. Luke sat there awkwardly watching all of this go down. He waited for Kelly's mother to leave the room, but she didn't. Instead she approached the laptop and leaned forward so she could see Luke clearer.

"Listen here," she said with pure venom in her voice, "You're not helping Kelly one bit. If anything you're just making things worse for her. She's more closed off then she's ever been before and I could assume that it's your doing."

"Ma'am - "

"No. Let me finish. I need you to stop leading her on. It's just going to hurt her in the end."

"I'm not leading her on," Luke said his eyebrows scrunching together. Kelly had told him how misunderstanding her mother was. Luke just didn't get the full picture until right now.

Her mother laughed, "Sure. What do you think is going to happen? You both fall in love and everything will be okay? You're just some boy she met on the internet. Get it through your head boy, this is real life." And with that, 'she slammed the laptop shut leaving Luke completely stunned.

But something stuck in Luke's mind. Was she right?

-

I hate Kelly's mom so much god damn

buT THIS HIT 1K AND IM SCREAMING THANK YOU