Chapter Eight

Finn's POV
Aidan Demos was a sexy man in general, but his sexiness reached new heights when he was driving a truck. I really had a thing for wrists and hands, so his steering was turning me on to inappropriate proportions. I mean, he held the wheel at the top with his left hand and gripped the joystick with his right, which was hot enough already. Then add in the confidence with which he steered the car and the strength in his grip?

It was a damn good thing I'd brought a backpack. I covered my erection with the big ass chemistry notebook that he didn't require.

"Are you trying to win brownie points right now? Finn, if you fail my class you fail my class whether or not you skim the pages of the textbook in front of me," he drawled. His voice was deep, apathetic, and authoritative, which turned me on to no end. Oh and the way he sometimes turned his head to give me a little tiny scowl?

Adorable.

This guy was killing me.

"You assigned a quiz for Monday," I reminded him. I bit back the words like an asshole. "I'm just trying to use the hour we have together to study."

"God, the amount you talk about chemistry it's a miracle that you're failing."

Was that an invitation to not talk about chemistry? I didn't want to. I wanted to talk about the picture of Jack that he had taped to his air vent. I wanted to talk about why he had a blanket in the backseat or why he owned a truck in the first place. I wanted to talk about what was inside the bag he had on the floor of the passenger side. I wanted to talk about the little dancing dog he had on his dashboard — why did he have it? Why did he love dogs so much? Had he ever had other dogs? I was filled with so many questions. I wanted to get to know every inch of him.

"Oh, now you're quiet? That's the real miracle."

I wanted to know why he was always had his dry, snarky sarcasm that he used to interact with people.

"I'm just thinking," I told him. Maybe I needed to lead by example. "So! I guess you miss my chatting, so I've got your back." He groaned, but didn't object. "My full name is Finn Jeremy Evans, which is really funny because my best friend's full name is Jeremy. I came here from Maine because I really liked how the school was known for it's LGBTQ culture and its marine bio program. I'm majoring in marine bio—"

"Oh my God, kill me now. Why are you telling me your life story?" He rubbed in between his eyes and groaned. A muscle in his jaw flexed.

"Well, aren't Fayweather faculty supposed to get to know their students and stuff?"

"No. Well, probably. But I really don't want to. I don't care. I've been a chemistry professor for fifteen years and I've learned the name of one student so far."

Me. I was the only name he knew after fifteen years? There was no way that was true, but it made my chest fill with helium.

"Well, no worries! I have this idea that I'll go first and then you can go second," I told him. I made sure to send him a wide smile, because I saw him eyeballing it when I'd first hopped in the car. Did men like smiles? I wasn't sure, but if there was any chance that he would like it I'd do it all the time. "So anyway, I'm a marine bio major. I'm not quite sure which path I want to take, I just know that I want to be working with big sea animals. I have a little brother named Devin and a mom named Theresa, but my dad is kind of out of the picture. Umm, let's see. I don't really love any sports, but I used to play baseball in high school and it was okay. My favorite color is gray, kind of like your eyes." I broke off when I realized what the hell I just said.

He grinned. "Oh?"

That grin transformed his face. His cheeks lifted, revealing a cute little dimple, and those beautiful gray eyes I loved twinkled. It became glaringly clear why Aidan Demos had to be grumpy all the time. He was so beautiful that his smile could give people heart attacks.