Chapter 3: Little Red Riding Hood

So I would have updated this last night but some problems came up so here. Again I'm building up the plot before I jump into anything! Enjoy!
----------------------------------------

Nothing! I slammed the book on the small table before me flipping back the pages randomly. Nothing, absolutely nothing! The words that were there before were no longer here. Even the title was missing.

I ran my fingers over the cover still in panicked hoping something would happen, but nothing did. Scarlett stared at me confused watching as I made my second act of being a nutcase.

"I made breakfast Aades." Her tiny voice chimed through my ears. I looked up at her, the smile soft and warm as she grabbed my hand moving me from the book. She was clearly trying to distract me and I was going to let her.

It was too much already. I was freaking out for not being in my room right now, also for this book being blank, and as well as that this dream for feeling all too real.

Scarlett sat me down in the old wooden chair. The table in front small and covered in a worn out cloth and things in the middle for decorations. Going to the black iron skillet she moved the wooden spoon around taking a plate in her hand as she scooped out the eggs.

"Scarlett." Her name rolled off my tongue unnaturally as chills ran down my spine. I didn't want to believe it but with all of this evidence I couldn't push the thought away.

Her blue eyes glanced at me. "Yes?"

I was taking in all of her movements. Observing her carefully as the environment around me was fading in. This girl was real. This room was real. All of this was too real. I could smell the eggs, I could hear it clearly as she scrapped the crust off the toast and spread the butter on it.

"Where am I?" I asked knowing to her it would sound just as stupid as I sounded when I told Grams I needed to wake up.

"Where as in how far are you from town?" She questioned back.

"Um, sure. Yeah where's town?"

"Well the main town is back a couple of miles from where granny picked you up at. There's another town down the road but they don't have everything Davil has."

"Davil?"

"Mhm, the main town. Its the center of our trading." Scarlett sat the plate in front. The eggs fried nicely with the golden toast buttered to soften its texture. I didn't hesitate to eat. The toast crunching under my teeth, the egg rolling from my tongue and down into my stomach. The butter coating my tongue with flavor as I swallowed.

Scarlett spoke on her travels to town with granny informing me that she's never really been outside much other than here and town.