Zayn ch. 1

------♪ZAYN♪------

"Does anyone remember the exact moment in time their life changed? Because I know I haven't able to forget for the past fifty years." Zayn Malik of now seventy-two tells his five young grandchildren who are huddled up at the feet of his olive green reclining chair. Their butts where planted firmly on the ugly bright blue carpet that's his wife insisted on getting. She always was a little on the weirder side but if it made her happy he would do anything.

"What happened grandpa?" Young Zayn the third softly asked his grandfather.

"Well," he said before leaning back in his chair so his back wasnt in so much pain. The years certainly weren't kind to him unlike his wife and he felt like the luckiest man alive when he would see her face.

She certainly aged like fine wine and he still got jealous like he did in his younger days when lads would look at her but, if he tried doing anything anymore he'd pop a hip. "It was a crisp fall day in Cashewter, England. The birds were singing, the sun was shining, and I decided to take Boris my dog of the time for a walk." He told the children outloud as he relives the memory in his head every detail coming to life.

°•°•°•°•°•°•Young Zayn's POV•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

I woke up early for once in my life as much of a shock to everyone. I don't know what happened but I just felt the need to get up. Looking back now I realize it was fate pushing me to get up for, I would meet her. My mother told me to give old Borris a walk too since I was already going out and now here we are. There's an Abandoned park coming up on our left and a basically empty street on our left.

I looked down at my grandfathers leather watch reading it was only six thirty. No wonder it was quiet every smart person was asleep right now. I feel Borris stop while I was walking causing me too fall back a little. There on the spinny go round jungle Gym toy I see long wavy bright red hair hanging off the side and rainbow socked calves ontop of the bars you hold onto. She was playing with what looked like silly putty and if I was very quiet I could hear her strong voice singing when it would blow my way from the autumn wind.

I held Borris close to my body as I walked towards her. Something about her attracted me and I couldn't control it. I didn't realize I was standing right over her head until she opened her golden brown eyes with flecks of green to just stare back at my face. I felt her study my hard jawline with a slight stubble, my golden brown eyes with eyelashes girls are jealous of, I bit my lip though as I saw that's where her eyes were travelling too. I don't know why but I just didn't like my lips and would trade them.

"Are you going to just stare at me all day?" The girl asks me sarcastically.

"I-i-i am s-sorry." I choke out to the light tan goddess in front of me.

"So can you move so I can get up?" She asks slipping her legs down the bars as I move a couple steps back. "Your dog is pretty cute." She says stretching out her limbs. She looked to be about 5'3 and I just wanted to protect her fragile looking body.

"Thanks." I mumbled awkwardly once again biting my bottom lip.

"Thank for waking me up. Ta ta." I heard her say as she skipped away in her socks waving gentley back at me. Every time she crunched a leaf singing "Snap, Crackle, Pop!" Rice crispy song. I stood there in shock watching her retreating figure before turning back to the piece of jungle equipment she was just on. I saw a pair of red worn down converse that looked like they never even saw a better day.

"Hey! Wait!" I yell running after the girl with Borris right beside me.

"Yes?" She asked with a gentle smile on her face.

"You left your sneakers." I said lamely trying to catch my breath holding out her shoes.

"Figures. Thank you - what's your name?" The gorgeous girl asked pushing back a strand of loose fire red hair behind her ear.

"Zayn." I say with a giant smile as I hold out my hand for hers too shake.

"Sunshine." She replied and when she saw my look, explained "My mom was a-uh-a hippie! Yep that's it she was a hippie." She told me but it seemed like she was telling herself more from how unsure she was.

"Well sunny are you going to be staying here?" I ask looking at her little knapsack she has with its thinning material and taped or patched holes.

"Why yes Zay I am." Is all she returns as I walk beside her.

"Well Cashwater is small so who are you staying with?" I question carrying her old backpack for her. When we pass the town bakery I see Harry rolling out cookie dough and wave he returns it but then sees Sunshine and winks.

"My aunt and uncle Payne." She shrugs while I pause. This was the new "hoodlum" Liam was talking about?If what he said was true than she didn't look like a drug dealing prostitute. I mean she was skipping and talking to the bugs we passed the only one she was dangerous too where the ants and, and possibly this girl already had a hold on my heart.

-