1

Black.

Black is the only color I have known all my life. I have become best friends with this color.

I walk through my apartment with ease. I have been living here for two years now. Two years of getting used to all the crooks and crannies of this place.

Setting my mug on the counter and grabbing the box of tea from the shelf. The box is very light and I shake it. It's empty? I sigh I guess I can't put off going to the market now.

Reaching down and gripping my shoes while grabbing my cane. I lock the door as I leave and go to the elevator.

The walk to the local market is already memorized. I could go walking though it without assistance now. As long as they don't put anything new up.

I head straight to the tea and grab the familiar box. I run my fingers over it as I hum and set it in my basket. I go along grabbing the essentials.

It's not until I hit a solid person, that was not there two minutes ago. I make a little surprise squeak as I practicly jump ten feet in the air.

The stranger grabs my arm so I won't fall and pulls me back up. That's when I smelled it. Alpha. His body heat is radiating right onto me.

I cower away a bit but regain my composer. "Thank you" I mumble to the stranger.

"No problem and it was my fault. I didn't even see you there"

His voice his very husky and I feel his breath hit my face. I must be looking straight at him.

"It's fine"

He still has his hand on my arm.

"Um excuse me but I would like for you to let me go now"

"Oh" he sounds surprise. The alph lets me go and I step a couple steps back. "Sorry"

It is quiet as I feel him stare at me. I feel myself blush as I look away. Well I think I'm looking away. Not so sure.

"Um, I better get going. Thanks for catching me"

He doesn't say anything until I am about to turn around.

"Your welcome. I'm Harry"

I turn my head a little. "Nice to meet you Harry but I must be going"

Turning on my heal and walking a little faster than normal is okay. I am okay. I get in line and reach out to feel if the counter is right where it is. I set my stuff on there and wait.

"Your not going to tell me your name" I hear Harry say behind me.

I try to hold back a shiver but it still comes. "Um no"

"Why not?"

"Because I don't know you"

"Then how are you suppose to get to know people if you don't tell them your name?"

He has a point but I ignore him as the lady rings up my items.

"Morning Louis"

"Morning Kate"

"Ran out of tea again?"

"Yeah, I did." I smile in the direction of her voice. Still sensing that Harry is still there is a little unnerving. He could be one of those craze alphas that go around hurting omega. Especially me since I cannot know if he will attack me or not.

"Louis" I hear the alpha whisper, "that is a nice name."

"Thanks"

After Kate finishes with my groceries she bags them and sets them were I could reach.

"Alright Lou everything is in your bag and ready to go."

"Thanks Kate, I guess I'll see you again when I run out of tea."

She chuckles "alrighty, now you get home. I hear there's going to be a storm coming tonight.

I nod and reach forward. I feel the plastic bag graze my fingers. I got to grab it but somebody already grabs it for me.

"Let me help" the alpha that almost knocked me down says.

"It is fine. I could do it myself"

"I insist"

I purse my lips. Why dose he not believe me. Yes, I am blind but it dose not mean I am helpless. Yes I may have a bit of trouble and may go slower than a normal person, but I am not normal.

Normal is being able to see. Normal is something I have always wanted to be. Something I crave and also something I loath at the same time.

If I could just look around me like everyone else. In all four directions and I in the center looking Front, back, left, and right.

"No need to trouble yourself, Harry"

"Not a trouble at all"

I lick my lips as I, try to, look in Harry's general direction. Let's get this over with. I reach into my sweater pocket and touch my cane. Bringing it out and asembeling it. The red bottom hits the floor with a tiny thud.

"Oh"

"Look Harry, thank you for catching me and all but really. Let's cut to the chase, I'm blind. I cannot see, which makes me abnormal to our society. I am not wanted by your kind and cert-"

"Woah, hold the phone. I knew you were blind."

"What?!"

"I could sense it" I could practically hear the shrug he most likely did.

"You could sense it? How?"

"I don't know, but when I knocked into you I just kind of knew. It was something in the pit of my stomach and also I saw the red end of your cane from your sweater. But I did sense something."

"Right? So if I could have my bags please and I would be on my way." I say as I reach my hand out.

The plastic of the bag touches my fingers and I wrap my fingers around it. I nod to Harry. "Thanks"

Moving my cane around I feel my around. Stepping out into the autumn breeze. Inhailing deeply I make my way towards my apartment.

"Wait Louis!"

Stopping in my tracks. I hear feet hitting the floor fast. He is running.

"Would you like to go on a date?"

"Um excuse me?"

"Do you want to go on a date with me?"

"I- I don't know. I don't know you Harry"

"Even better. We could get to know each other over some Italian."

Paper is being handed to me. I open my Palm as the rough paper scrapes my skin.

"There's my number. Um I have to go but call me and we could set up a date. Yeah? Okay yeah. Bye"

Before I could say anything Harry is gone.

A smile ghosts my lips as I stuff the paper into my pocket.

There is only one question on my mind.

How the he'll am I gonna read this number?