Chapter Forty-Three

Somewhat short but sweet. Hope ya'll like the outtake at the end.

Hikawa hums a bittersweet tune as she walks the alleys, twirling the knife in her hand. She is on her way to watch such a bloody fight. The one fated since the first of the quirks two hundred years ago, the one she was fated to oversee and take the loser's soul. It seems that that isn't going to happen now. The little twerp who took her place will be there, she knows that he's only acting and pretending to be a villain. She isn't stupid not like those villains, so when Shigaraki came to her about Izuku—well, she made him doubt the child. So he would question, double guess the boy. It's going to be fun watching his act go to waste once they find out. Maybe she can swoop in and kill everything the boy loves before slaughtering him

Death, maybe you should've thought twice before letting me live. She grins as she looks at her warped reflection in the blade, hazel eyes staring back at her, hazel eyes full of bloodlust and insanity. It'll be fun seeing the Feeder hurt you in person. Last time I wasn't able to be there. So, tell me, Izuku, would you like another set of scars to match your face and back?

* * *

"Izuku!" calls the man-child, blatantly ignoring the "don't call me that, we're not friends" comment as he wraps an arm around his shoulders. The boy gets flashbacks to the Kiyashi Ward incident from that same gesture. "I heard you're the son of a villain! Who would've thought that a hero would come from the opposite of what they really are?"

"Shut up," he hisses, bloodshot green eyes glaring at him with venom. He can't deal with this sad excuse of a villain who is nothing but a clown. A brat who acts like an adult, but throws tantrums when nothing goes their way. Annoying really. The son of a villain turns to the scarred male with fire blue eyes. "Dabi, I'll pay you to kick this guy's ass."

  "Oh, shit, really?" That was a little too excited.

  Tomura glares at the boy, wrapping his hand around his throat. A bitter laugh comes from the boy's throat, a grin on his face as he stares at him with a smugness."Go ahead, Shigaraki. I'm only going to keep coming back to annoy you. It's irritating, you know, the whole 'dying and coming back' gets old after a while. So, I don't know what to tell you, but try something else that doesn't involve killing. It just makes too much of a mess, don't you think?"

  He lets go of the younger boy and rolls his eyes. "Why are you like this? I don't understand how a hero—or whatever you are now, a wannabe villain?—can act like you."

  "Oh, trust me, I put up a convincing act, don't ya think? Why show fear when you can antagonize people? I mean, what are they going to do—kill me?" He snorts and makes his way to the couch, hopping onto the spot next to Spinner. The reptile mutated man gives him a wary glance, shifting a little bit away from the teen. Stain said that he's a good hero but he never said anything about the boy being scary.

  Lies and lies pile up. Acting gets harder and harder. The constant doubt fills his mind but with the help of the Shadow Ghoul, he continues toying with the villains. The Shadow keeps an eye out for things that he doesn't notice, eavesdrops into the other villains' conversations in case of something important (something that may put his act in danger) is said. The Ghoul does its best to relay the messages to the Child of Death. The Ghoul helps a lot, manipulating their thoughts by using their shadows. If anything happens to one of the villains then he agreed to let the Shadow take their eyes as a reward.

The Shadow looked really happy at that.

  Midoriya sighs and closes his eyes, listening to the villains babble and bicker like five year olds whose toys were stolen by each other. It's annoying yet amusing at the same time. He lets his mind wander into the dark abyss, resting his overworked brain. He ignores his surroundings.