Chapter 2 Blood, Death, and Fear.

I run down the white hallways all the while horrible screams echo around me, the only other sound is two sets of running footsteps, mine and the police officer's. As we approach a turn in the hallway the smell of disinfectent becomes increasingly overshadowed by a new smell... the metallic smell of blood. We round the corner and the scene in front of us is the stuff of nightmares. Blood, large pools of blood are all over the floor, there are large smears of it on the walls, there are bloody handprints on several of the doors where the victims desperately tried to get the doors open. And there are several bodies strewn about all horribly torn apart, kneeling beside one body is a woman.

"Hey miss are you alright? can you tell us what happened here?" The police officer calls to the woman.

The woman stands at the sound of his voice but doesn't turn around. There's something familiar about her... but what?

"My name is officer Vincent Dugel I'd like to help you, can you please turn around?" The woman sways and I see the tear in her bloody sleeve. But that can't be the doctor said...

The woman turns around there's blood smeared all over her mouth and hands, she looks like a monster. "MARIANNE?! b-but how?! the doctor said you died in surgery!!!" this is great she's not dead!!... but where's Loki? he'll be elated to know she's alive!! "Marianne where's Loki? have you seen him? he cried so badly when the doctor told him you died, I can't wait to see how happy he'll be when he sees you!!!". As I spoke I walked towards her a large smile on my face. When she started towards me at a slow run I spread my arms to give her a hug.

"KAIRI DON'T GO NEAR HER SHE'S GOING TO KILL YOU!!!" I turn to see Loki standing in a doorway he looks pale and his eyes are haunted.

I smile at him confused "what are you talking about Loki your mom would never hur-"

BANG!

I slam into a wall as officer Dugel bodychecks me away from Marianne and then fires his gun into her face as she tears out his throat with her teeth.

"OFFICER DUGEL!!!" NONONONONONO!! HE CAN'T DIE! MARIANNE... OH GOD MARIANNE KILLED HIM!!! I sink to the ground wailing incoherently.

"Kairi? Kairi! we need to go my mom's not the only monster out there and if... if we stay here officer Dugel and the bodies are going to turn into monsters very soon" I shake my head histerically.

"He's dead Loki! do you understand HE IS DEAD, AND THE DEAD DON'T COME BACK TO LIFE, NOT EVER. I learned that when I was your age and my parents died and you need to learn it too!" I glare at him darkly with tear filled eyes.

"But they do come back Kairi... not as people but as monsters... like my mom and the man who attacked her..." he pleads with me to understand, to move, and to get somewhere safe.

I shake my head "I'm just a seventeen year old girl how am I supposed to handle killer corpses!!!!". this is crazy why is this happening?

"Please... Kairi I need you... I-I can't hic do this without you" Loki's voice is almost a whisper and his voice cracks with fear and uncertainty. He sounds so vulnerable there that I remember that he is just a child who just saw his mom kill a bunch of people then get shot in the face.

I nod feeling determined and strong "alright Loki I'll come with you but you have to do everything I say without hesitation even if you don't want to, are we clear?".

He nods his understanding. "yes Kairi I swear I will".

"Good now lets get officer Dugel's gun it could come in handy.