chapter one.

Aimee's POV

I love this world. It's full of love and happiness. Everyone is happy by the time they are married. You wanna know why? Everyone finds "the one."

We have these necklaces we get when we are born that are shaped like a half of a heart. The part where it's split has a unique ridge. You only get half of the heart because someone has the other half. That person is your soulmate.

I can't wait to find mine! But instead, I'm stuck here just thinking of what he would be like. I hope he has great hair and a good sense of humor. Everyone likes-

"CHASE MORGAN!"

My best friend, Charlotte, snapped me out of my thoughts.

Chase Morgan is a singer that almost everyone loves. I have no clue why everyone likes him so much. He's an arrogant stuck up snob. Girls would kill to be his soulmate. Charlotte is one of those girls.

"What about him?" I hesitantly asked.

"He's doing a secret gig next month at the coffee shop right down the street! Aimee, we have to go," she said excitedly.

Keegan, my other best friend, had a face of disgust, "Char, why would you want to see that fake wannabe?

Charlotte, Keegan and I have been friends for as long as I can remember. Charlotte and I were friends first and then Keegan came to our school in second grade and we've all been best friends since.

Only Charlotte and I have shown our necklaces. A lot of guys don't show their necklaces because they think it's girly. Keegan has never showed his. He says he keeps it in a safe place and will know when he finds his girl.

Charlotte has dark brown and wavy hair. Her eyes are big and brown. She has a very bubbly personality and always seems to be happy about things.

Keegan also has brown hair and brown eyes. His hair is a lot brighter than Charlotte's. He's really athletic and funny. Most of the girls at school have a crush on him.

I am Aimee Torse. I have brown hair and brown eyes just like my best friends. It was like we were meant to be. I would describe myself as a friendly person. It's currently summer after junior year for Charlotte, Keegan, and me. One more year of high school left for us.

"He's not a fake or a wannabe, Keegan." Charlotte argued, "I think you're just jealous."

Keegan acted as if he was offended.

"Jealous of what? All he does is prance on stage and lip sync."

"That's not true at all." Charlotte stood for what she believed. "He's a great dancer and he sings like an angel."

Keegan thought differently. "You've never been to a concert of his. How could you possibly know that he doesn't lip sync?"

He took a sip of his drink. We were currently in Charlotte's backyard sitting at the table.

"If you got to know him better, I bet you two would be good friends," Charlotte said looking hopeful, "I bet we would all be friends!"

She looked at me happy as ever.

"You're gonna come with me, right Aimee?"

Keegan laughed so hard, I thought his drink would come out of his nose.

"Charlotte, she's not going to go with you. She hates Chase Morgan, remember?"

It's true, I really did. He sings about how love is a game and how girls are like toys. There are things I know about him that most people don't.

"He's right Char," I said, "I'm sorry, but I'm not going to that gig with you."

She sunk down into her seat and stared at her drink. We sat in silence as the warm summer breeze passed. The pool looked inviting. It was so hot out.

Charlotte eyes widened and jumped up from her seat.

"I know! I want to make a bet with you two."

Keegan and I looked at each other and exchanged glances.

"Ok then, what's the bet?" I asked.

A smile formed on Charlotte's face. She definitely had a plan to see Chase.

"You two have to come with me to the gig. If it turns out that he's bad, I will never speak of him again. If he's really good, then I get to talk about him all I want."

Keegan thought a bit about her suggestion. "How about if he's bad, you give us both $20 and if he's good, you get $40 from us."

He always wanted money. Classic Keegan.

"Yeah, and if he's amazing, I'll get you backstage passes to his next concert," I added and smirked. "You up for it?"

Charlotte jumped up and down in pure excitement. "YES! I AM SO IN!" She slowly calmed down and sat in her chair. She looked sneaky, evil even. "You guys better get you're money ready, Chase will be amazing."

Keegan looked annoyed. "The only thing you need right now is new clothes."

Charlotte looked confused and looked at me thinking I knew what he was talking about. I shook my head. Before we knew it, Keegan picked up Charlotte and walked over to the pool.

"KEEGAN PUT ME DOWN RIGHT NOW." Charlotte was squirming, trying to get out of Keegan's grasp. Seeing as he's athletic and had muscles, it was no use. I followed them and joined Keegan laughing.

He asked Charlotte, "do you think Chase can swim?"

"No, but I know you can Keegan," I answered before Charlotte could. They both looked at me with confusion.

Before Keegan could say anything, I pushed him in the pool while he was still holding Charlotte. I ran into the house as fast as I could before they could get me. I heard Keegan yell. "I'M GOING TO KILL YOU AIMEE."

After about five minutes, I went back outside.

Keegan and Charlotte came out of no where and started shooting me with water guns. They were screaming and yelling. "THIS IS PAYBACK. REVENGE."

I didn't know where I was going. "Guys, I can't see!" Keegan picked me up and threw me in the pool. Him and Charlotte jumped in after. We all laughed as we got out of the pool. We sat back at the table where we were before.

We sat in a comfortable silence until Charlotte said something that made Keegan and me groan.

"Yes, I do think Chase can swim."