A Conversation Between Reapers

Koki sighed and his lips curled into a frown. “Man, here we go again,” he mumbled, then stuck a lollipop into his mouth.

“Stop whining. We haven’t had work in, like, forever,” snapped Uzuki.

“Exactly. It feels like the Monday after vacation.”

Uzuki raised an eyebrow at Koki. “You’d prefer a permanent vacation? Day 1 has the most Players. Now is our chance to rack up some points! How else are you gonna make up for last month?”

Koki sighed again, knowing it’s impossible to argue with Uzuki when it comes to work. “Aight, aight … One week won’t kill me. Probably.”

Both reapers unfolded their black wings and flew up against the wind to the roof of a train station. Uzuki shielded her eyes from the sun with the back of her hand.

Koki turned to look at her. “Hey, while we’re at it, how ‘bout we play a little game?”

“A gaaame?”

“Yeah, so it doesn’t feel so much like work. C’mon, you love it.”

“Oh yeah, you know me.” She rolled her eyes and let out a sigh. “All right, what’s the game?”

“How ‘bout Reaper Sport 3, a Player Hunt? Let’s see who bags the most Players during today’s mission.”

“Are you joking? That’s no fun at all!”

“You don’t like it?”

“But I’m gonna crush you! No contest.”

“Ohh, zing! Now I have to actually try. You know the drill. Loser buys winner a hot bowl of noodles.” Koki smirked as he stuck the lollipop back in his mouth.