For Happiness

Author's Note

Yeah, i know i delete my stories too much. Maybe, i feel, i am never too sure about them. So sorry! =) however, about this one, i just feel this is the one! So please read, and do tell me how it is! Anything is welcome, good or bad =) Three cheers for nezzie, for just going through with me! ;) I love you =)

For Happiness

The first thing you notice about a burning house is not that it is burning, but it is burning with such intensity. I watched my house as the fire engulfed it from all sides. There was fire everywhere; the roof was on fire, the doors and windows were on fire, fire was even coming out of the house through various openings.

“Evan Miller?” the Sherriff came to me, and stood beside me.

“I am sorry for your loss-.” I cut him off, as I glared at him. He was anything but sorry.

He cleared his throat, and then went down with some questions.

“Your brothers told me that you were at work when this happened.”

I nodded, I was shattered inside, I wasn’t in the type of situation to have a conversation with the big guy.

He nodded, as he took in my expression.

“Do you have some relatives?”

I looked at him, and then at my brothers who were leaning against the van, staring expressionlessly at the fire. I looked at it too; the flames burned deep red and amber, almost livid purple, various firefighters tried to put out the fire.

I shook my head, as the Sherriff watched me carefully, reading my expression.

I looked at him, he seemed uncertain about something.

“Just go the hell with and ask me, Sherriff.” I said to him.

He nodded at me, and then asked-

“Do you have any idea how the fire would have started. And why didn’t your parents leave?”

“Because the whole house was on fire.” I stated.

He sighed-

“I didn’t mean it in that way Evan, what I meant was –.”

I cut him off-

“I know what you mean officer, I totally understand.”

I knew that nothing inside was likely to survive, as I saw some flames licking up the air in the wind, trying to catch something else on fire, and finding nothing in air, disappearing into the windy night, like disappointed flutters.

I closed my eyes, I could bear with loss, but I remembered my brothers, and then of my small sister.

As if uncannily reading my mind, I felt a warm touch on my hand, and I sighed, as I opened my eyes to look directly at the big opaque eyes of my baby sister.

I was lost of words, she was five, and she had just lost her parents, however, she seemed way confident.

Maybe, she didn’t realize, how grievous the situation was.

I looked at my twin brothers; they were strong. I knew that, as they stared at me back, they had already decided.

However, they wanted me to decide too. It didn’t take me while.

“Lets go.” As if that was a cue, Emmet came and took May in his arms, as Cole opened the pick-ups door for him.

“Are you sure about this son?” the Sherriff asked.

I looked at the fire, it had subsided, and my house had reduced into a pile of rubble, ashes, and smoldering wood and items.

I nodded; I had never been sure about anything before. I could take care of my family.

Moreover, maybe give them the happiness they so needed.