chapter 3-DATE

Chapter 3

Diana had never been more nervous in her life. She kept asking herself why, why did she agree to this date? The answer was obvious; KayLynn was a force to be reckoned with. The woman was unstoppable when she set her mind to something. Diana had changed three times, each time finding that something about herself that she didn’t like was on display. Finally, she gave up, looking in the mirror at the outfit she had decided to wear. This was as good as she got. The man that she was supposed to be dating tonight sounded dangerous; a lawyer named Ruston, I mean Ruston that sounds like he would be some rough and tumble man that would scare the life out of her. One last time she checked herself in the mirror, she wore jeans and a flowing top that covered most of her skin. She wanted to feel protected from this man she was dating tonight; Ruston. A shiver of fear worked its way down her spine as she thought his name. As she was lost in her panic she heard the door bell…

Outside moments earlier…

Ruston had been arguing with KayLynn for 20 minutes all the way to this filly’s house that he was going to walk to the door and introduce himself by himself. KayLynn kept insisting that she accompany him. She was a stubborn one but he was more stubborn and knew how to argue professionally.

“But, you don’t understand she will be afraid,” KayLynn started in again.

“Yes, if she thinks that I need a freaking chaperone to ring the damn doorbell I am sure she will be. Sit your ass down and don’t move,” I tell her as I grab the little bouquet of wild flowers I bought. I noticed that she actually looked genuinely worried. Derrik told me this girl is skittish makes me wonder what I got myself into. She is probably as ugly as Sally Fronmyer from back home. Oh well, I do owe the man for saving my ass a few times in college; date with this ugster should make us even. Walking up to the house I rang the door bell twice before it started opening slowly.  Ruston was blown away by what was revealed behind that slowly opening door. Her skin was dark russet brown, her legs seemed to go on for miles, nice round hips and damn can you say jackpot on the top; lusciously rounded breasts and her face is stunning. By this time she was looking at me as if she may run the other way when I remembered the flowers that I nearly dropped when I saw her. I held the bouquet out to her and tried to smile my panty dropper smile but it didn’t seem to faze her as she still looked scared to death.

Diana POV

When I opened the door the most intoxicating man was standing there. I was scared beyond measure but I felt something else too. My heart was nearly thumping out of my chest as I took in how masculine he was, how big he was, and how strong his arms looked.  If he decided to hurt me there would be nothing I could do about it, but it didn’t stop me from wondering what it would feel like for his large hands to be smoothing across my skin, many things, inappropriate things ran through my mind as he handed me the flowers and smiled a heart stopping smile.

“Hey, there ma’am, I will be your blind date for the evenin’. I hope you don’t mind my saying but you look good enough to eat,” he said with a strong southern drawl. Panic set in again when I heard KayLynn speak.

“Knock it off Rus, you are going to have her running in and locking the door!” KayLynn said as she grabbed my arm pulling me to the car.

“I have to lock my door,” I said hoarsely. Turning around I ran to my door locking it when I turned back I nearly ran into Ruston. “I’m so sorry,” I said quickly as I tried to walk around him. He caught my arm and I felt tears prick my eyes.

“Allow me to walk you to the car little lady,” he said smoothly as he draped my hand in his arm.

“Do you want me to sit in back with you, Diana?” KayLynn asked.

“Hell no Kay, you got your own date quit trying to hog in on mine,” Ruston told her, his tone frightened me but they both laughed. As the night went by I felt myself become more and more comfortable with Ruston.  By the time we had made it to the movie theatre he was holding my hand and it felt good.  Through the whole movie he held my hand. When we had ended our night, Ruston dropped off Derrik and KayLynn before he took me home. My heart was once again pounding off the chart as they both exited the car.

“Finally, no babysitters,” he said laughing. I moved closer to the door of the car in case I needed to jump, he noticed but didn’t say anything but his laughing stopped.

“Did I say something wrong, darlin’? We can go get Kay back if you want her to be with you till ya get home,” he said. I thought back to all the coddling from Dante and straightened my shoulders.

“No, of course not. I am sorry, it’s been a while since I have been on a date,” Diana stated shyly. He reached for her hand and she let him hold it again. It felt exhilarating. He pulled up to my driveway and I realized that in my haste earlier I forgot to turn on the porch light. He walked me to the steps of the porch and pulled me to a stop.

“You’ve been driving me crazy all night, but you also seem well scared of me so I thought I should ask first. Can I kiss that beautiful mouth of yours?” he asked her. She looked shocked at first but he saw the fire in her eyes, she wanted to kiss him just as bad. He touched her jaw with a feather light touch and started to bend toward her, he watched her eyes close. He could already taste her breath their lips were so close.

“I wouldn’t do that if you want to keep that face intact, mister,” they both heard a deep gruff voice say. Both Diana and Ruston looked up to the porch to see a large, angry Dante with his arms folded across his chest.

“Dante,” Diana breathed out as she saw him standing in the shadows and for once she was scared of Dante.  

 =========================================

Dante strikes! Thoughts, feelings...Comment please