Chapter XIV

Esteban approached the pirate without fear, with a sure step and his head held high.
"I have the money, now you can let her go" he said firmly giving him the swag.
Captain BlackRock took it instantly and grinning looked at it greedily.
But then he said:
"Is not enough"
"What? It's not true! This is the exact sum you asked for in the letter!"
"Oh, maybe I was wrong to write or you were wrong to read... Patience, it's too late now... Tie them to a boulder and throw them into the sea!"
"No! You will not do it!" Esteban exclaimed and with a few punches and kicks he stunned half of the henchmen of the captain.
"Apparently I'm pretty fit!" he said to himself satisfied.
But those rascals kept popping up everywhere and one of them threw him to the ground.
"Naomi! Run away!" he exclaimed.
Naomi ran to the door but two pirates caught her and took her away.
"Leave me, brutes!"
"Naomi!!".
Esteban found his strength to get up, took the sword of a pirate who had landed and, beating everyone, arrived on the bow of the ship where he found the poor Naomi tied to a heavy boulder.
"Hold on, Naomi!"
"Esteban! Alert!".
Captain Blackrock was about to attack him with his saber.
Esteban promptly parried the blows, the blades screeched with metallic ticking.

Suddenly tremendous black clouds darkened the sky, thunder and lightning resounded gloomily, the torrential rain fell down on the ship that began to stagger in the stormy sea.

"I wonder why the royal chancellor cares so much about a silly girl" the captain said trying to distract him

But Esteban landed him, turned to Naomi and said aloud:
"Because I love her".

Naomi's eyes widened, her heart was beating very fast with joy.

Then he approached her and continued:
"She taught me to see beauty in simple things, she gave me the smile, she warmed my heart.
She is the most beautiful creature I have ever known".

Naomi smiled.
She thought that despite being on a ship at the mercy of the storm, surrounded by bandits, that was the most beautiful declaration of love she could ever wish for.

Captain Blackrock stood up and approached Esteban...
"Oh, you will be a nice couple... in the afterlife!".
He was about to cut off his head but Esteban whirled around, stopped him and pushed him off the ship.
That ugly man lost his balance and fell into the sea.
The chancellor bravely faced the rest of the crew too.
But the sailer, tossed by the waves, was dangerously approaching the Deadly Rocks!
"Soon! Let's get away from here!" Esteban exclaimed untying Naomi. They ran to take a lifeboat.
A terrible wave rose up and...

The ship crashed on the rocks.

They had managed to get off on time.
The storm ceased, it seemed that the climate and nature were on their side.
They were safe, and together.