22 - First Date

Frankie's POV

I arrive at the address that Colt gave me and feel a little confused. I am standing at the gates of park.

I check the message again and sure enough, this is the place. What has he got planned?

"Frankie." Colt's voice carriers through the air and I turn to meet it.

He comes towards me with a smile on his face and a bouquet of assorted lillies in his hand. I can't help but smile when I see his face. He is looking at me like I were a present and he is a 5 year old on Christmas.

"You look amazing!" He exclaims when he is close enough to hand me the flowers.

I take them with a smile and thank him, looking him up and down in the process. He is wearing light grey pants with a light blue Ralph Lauren polo. He is cleanly shaven and the smile on his face is on full display.

"You look amazing in red." His eyes travel down my body and then back up and his smile grows wider. "Are you ready for our date?"

"That depends on where you are taking me." I say with a hint of cheekiness.

He looks around and motions to the park behind him.

"We are already here."

I raise my brows questioningly and wait for him to elaborate but he doesn't. Instead he takes my hand and leads me deeper into the park.

We stroll peacefully along the path until we come along a picnic blanket set up right next to the shore of the small lake in the centre of the park.

I want to gasp at how sweet this is but it also feels a little corny but I bite my tongue and smile anyways.

Colt pours me a glass of champagne as we sit back and watch the Swans gliding across the lake. It is a nice sunny day but there is no one around. Not one child even plays on the playground equipment nearby. The park is totally deserted.

Colt notices me searching my surroundings and raises a brow.

"Everything ok?" He asks.

"Isn't it strange how it's a Sunday afternoon and not one person is in the park. It's such a lovely day I thought there would be children playing or people going for walks. But there is nothing."

Colt's smile turns into one of embarrassment and he goes a little red in the face.

"I may have rented the entire park for the day. I have a buddy that works at the city council and he organised it so we could be alone."

"You rented the entire park for me?"

"I didn't want anyone ruining our date. I wanted it to be just you and I."

"That's kinda creepy, but also incredibly sweet."

"Thank you. I'm a man that knows what I want."

I nod and take a sip of my champagne, a little taken aback by how straightforwardness.

"Tell me Frankie, what do you want out of life?" He asks with a calm demeanor.

I furrow my brows and think about his question.

"No one has ever really asked me that before. I don't really know how to answer that."

"What do you love doing? What do you want to do? What makes you, you?"

I let his words sink in and just say the first thing that screams out at me.

"I've always loved to sing. Just me and my acoustic guitar."