IV

Harvey James sat on the sofa in his own special backstage room with a small walkman resting on his knee listening to the Hot Flames' Greatist Hits. Harvey insisted that all their songs were put on the cd.

  His smartphone which sat loosly in his jeans' pocket blinked sharply. He unlocked it quickly and went into message. He pressed on for the ''one new message'' button and read the text carefullly.

 ''Listen I talked to Ms. Hart about your keeness do have a solo career.  She did a bit of looking into it and says she''ll  send you the contracts tommorrow morning for a three album deal as long as you're first record does well.

LLoyd''.

 Harvey grinned to himself. He was going to be huge. His first cd would sell millions. Just in Europe. He had high hopes to smash America as one of Hot Flames' singles had hit the top fifteeen billboard. things were going great.

 He then thought methodically for a moment. Something had happened to him. Something big. He had become vicious. They'd changed him. He was still Harvey James but not friendly and shy Harvey James. The complete opposite.

  All for what? A couple of cds? The band had been completely changed. Their music. Their look. Even their personalities. Or had Harvey James just change? He didn't know.

  It had to be stopped. Right then. To hell with America. To hell with the solo career. This wasn't what they had signed for so he was about to get his way of a refund. They couldn't be sell-outs anymore. He didn't care if they went back to busking on the streets. He just wanted to be Harvey James. The real Harvey James.

  There was a sharp knock on the door. The music from the cd had drowned out most sounds around him but he just about heard. He quickly unplugged it and headed to the door. 

  It was Marie. The girl he had kissed stupidly. Looking back he can't remember why he did what he did. Maybe because he had embarassed him and needed to outstand her before people started to laugh. He was disgusted with himself.

  ''Mr...errr....what's your last name?''

 ''Just call me Harvey'''.

  She scowled dramatically. She was obviously still upset with him. ''Harvey the show is about to start. You're on after about three acts. I'm sorry but your manager tried to get you on first but the time slot was all wrong and it's nothing that I can change....''

 ''Don't worry. I don't mind''. He said smiling blankly.

 ''Oh. Good''. Harvey are you okay you seem pardon this, but nice for once''.

 ''Well..er...maybe. And also about the business with the ice tea and the kiss and all. I just got in the heat of the moment and I just overreacted too much'', he apologised.

 ''Listen I know it would be a bit forward as we've had two conversations but..err..do you have a piece of paper?, she asked politely.

  He gave her a long sheet of music note sheets and stuck it on her clipboard. Marie then pulled a pen from her pocket and wrote something on the bottom of it.

  She handed it to Haarvey quickly and hurriedly panted ''I have to go and inform some of the acts. Good luck on stage'' and  hurriedly shuffled down the hallway.

  He looked at the bottom of the sheet she had scribbled on. It read: ''All is forgiven, and we're sort of even because your manager gave me money to not tell anyone about. I''ll give it back to him tomorrow. Call me at my home number below.

  He smiled happily. There was another knock on the door. He opened it up expecting to see Marie. Instead he saw someone he knew very well in a grey hoodie.

 ''Listen about our agreement it doesn't matter anymore come on inside for a moment'', he siad quickly rushing the visitor inside.

 He didn't realise he'd have his last conversation with this person.