Part 55 - The Last Night

My mom kept her promise and took me out shopping the next day. She spent an hour with me in the store, picking out dresses and shoving me in the dressing room. We didn't agree on any of them.

My mom was searching through the racks full of cocktail dresses. She thought I should go all out for my dress, but I kept telling her to keep it simple.

"What about this one?" My mom asked. Without me answering she kept shuffling dresses around.

"Wait, go back three," I tell her.

She goes back three dresses, and there it is. A casual lacy dark blue dress, with long sleeves. It was perfect.

"I want this one," I tell her.

She protested at first but then finally agreed to let me get it. After we paid, we ran a few more errands in the mall. By the time we got home, it was about 5. Which meant my mom only had an hour to do my hair and makeup.

Immediately when we got home, my mom rushed me upstairs to put on my dress. Once it was on, I looked at myself in the mirror. The dress fits perfectly, and I thought it was beautiful.

"OK, OK. Sit down!" My mom told me. She ushered me down in my desk chair and dumped out makeup on my desk.

My mom put my normal makeup on me but then adds darker eyeshadow and eyeliner. She puts on more layers of mascara than I usually do, and then she put a dark red lipstick on my lips.

Once she was finished with my makeup, she ran to get her hair curler. She plugged it into the wall, and took medium-sized strands of my hair and began to curl them. The whole hair curling process took a half hour.

"Done!" My mom called out as she set down the hair dryer, "Take a look."

I got up and walked over to my mirror. I've never seen my hair look so tame and perfect. Every strand was in place and perfectly curled. And my makeup was impeccable.

"Wow, Mom." I looked back at her, "You did amazing!"

I pulled her into a big hug to thank her. We headed back downstairs to wait for Peter to come to pick me up.

I basically jumped when I heard the doorbell ring just as my mom and I were heading down the stairs.

I rushed to the door and opened it to see Peter. He was wearing a white dress shirt and black pants. He had a solid black tie on and his hair was gelled to the side.

"W-wow," He said, "You look a-amazing,"

I laughed at his stuttering, "You don't look too shabby, Parker."

"Um, well. Shall we go?" Peter asked nervously.

I nodded and turned back to say goodbye to my mom. Peter guided me out the door and into May's car.

Peter walked quickly so that he could open the door for me, and when I stepped into the car I saw Aunt May looking back at me smiling.

"Oh, Y/N you look so pretty!" She squealed, "Doesn't she look great Peter?"

Peter got in on the other side of the car and put his seatbelt on, "Yeah, she looks s-super pretty,"

His face turns red and he gives me a small smile. On the drive there, May talked about how happy she was that I was allowed to stay in Queens. I looked over to Peter who was looking back at me.

We both smiled at each other, and I grabbed his hand and held it in mine. And that's how we sat the rest of the car ride.

~