Chapter 2

As the three walked up to a tree larger than all of them, a voice spoke.

"Blitz, you're home," the voice scolded. "You've been gone for ages. I see you brought guests.

"Yes, I'm here. They brought me home." Blitz explained. "They are friends."

The voice revealed itself as a leopard, with grey spotted fur and wings, and green eyes. Jumping from the tree, she glared at Nala for a while. "Nala? Oh my goodness, Nala!" she ran towards Nala, getting a surprised yelp in response.

"Hey, I don't know who you are, but-"

"It's me, Jynx! Your childhood pal?"

"Jynx!? You look so different!"

While Jynx and Nala obsessed over each other, Blitz stared in amazement and confusion. King stared, his jaw gaping in surprise.

"Huh? Oh, I'm so sorry!", Jynx went to King, "King? You too? This is great!"

"Yeah.. if only Amber was here."

"She'd think I'd have gained some weight." Nala joked.

Jynx widened her eyes. "Wait, wait, wait. You guys are mates now?!"

Nala snorted. "Sure are."

King started to think to himself. And she's going to be due any day now... King thought. "King? King?" Nala noticed King spacing out. "Huh? Oh, sorry." King blushed. After a while, they talked and talked, until suddenly Jynx noticed Blitz's paw. "Blitz, what happened to your paw? It's all red!" Jynx instantly leaped to Blitz's aid, to his shock.

"It's okay! It just-"

"No, it's not okay. Come inside, now. King, Nala, if you want, you are invited to come in."

They accepted, and came in.