~Chapter Eight: Pain Is The Solution To Killing Attackers~

~Chapter Eight: Pain Is The Solution To Killing Attackers~

~Alison~

If there’s one thing I look forward to when I walk home it’s the random conversations I have with Alex. I could talk to him forever and a day and never get bored.

Seth and Bryan were behind Alex and me while we walked home. They kept their conversation quiet while Alex and I talked loudly.  Sure, we were being a little obnoxious but that didn’t really seem to come to mind.

“Ok,” Alex said. “If you were being attacked by cats with rabies, what food would you throw at them?”

I laughed. “Random much?” he shrugged. “Umm, I’d throw pineapples at them. Just ‘cause I think it’d hurt to be hit with pineapples. And it’d be pretty funny to watch. You?”

“Haha, nice! Hmm…I’d throw banana peels because then they’d slip everywhere and run into each other.”

“But you said it had to be food! But that would be funny.”

“It is food.”

“No,” I protested. “It’s the…” I thought about it for a moment. What would you classify a banana peel?

“Aha! You don’t know either!” Alex said and poked my arm

“It’s like the shell of a banana.” That was honestly the best answer I could come up with without thinking to hard about it.

“Banana’s don’t have shells.”

“Are you guys seriously having a fight about what a banana peel is?” Seth said, interrupting our conversation.

We all laughed at Seth’s random interruption, which meant Alex and I were laughing even harder.

We walked and talked more. Before we reached the court where Bryan lived, Seth asked me, “Hey Alison, can Bryan come over?”

“Sure, I don’t care.” I replied.

“What about me?” Alex asked, giving me puppy dog eyes.

I laughed and said, “No. Of course you can, Alex! You’re always welcome.” I looked at Alex and realized how much he looked more like me. We both had dark brown hair and eyes. Except his hair was blacker then my hair and his eyes were a lighter brown.

He looked more like my brother then Seth was. Then again, I do consider him like a brother to me.

Once we reached the turn into the street where Seth and I lived, Bryan stopped at the corner.

“Actually,” he said. “I think I’ll turn back and head home.”

“Really? You sure?” I asked. “It’s not a problem, Bryan. It’s never a problem, you know that, right?”

“I know, I know. But I really need to be getting home. And…uh…” He looked down at his feet and his glasses started to fall off. He looked up and pushed them up higher. “I have piano lessons today. Sorry, I can’t come over.”

I wasn’t sure why he suddenly didn’t want to come over. I knew Bryan was a weird kid, but this was weird even for him. Seth was giving him a skeptical every time he was talking.

“Ok...Well, then see ya tomorrow, then.” I said awkwardly.

“Ok, bye guys and see ya later, Seth.” Bryan said. They, as I say, “bro-hugged” and Bryan left.

We were outside the house that was next door to ours, when Alex said, “Oh, hold on I gotta grab something at my house.” Alex lived four houses away in the front of the street.