Chapter 16

*Sophie's POV* 

While I waited on the bus to get to school, I was antsy: figeting in my chair. My mum yelled at me a bit more this morning. She called me a disgrace for letting a boy into my room and for being caught in the same bed as him. She didn't even let me explain. I got so pissed that I finally told her what she wanted to hear: that I slept with Luke and I enjoyed it, every single moment of it. Her face was priceless. That was the last thing I saw before I walked out the door, pissed as fuck. I was only too glad when the bus pulled up to the school. It meant I was moments away from seeing Luke and the boys. Part of me still couldn't believe that he said he loved me last night. I had been so stunned I didn't know what to say. I'm not even sure I felt the same. I know I liked him, I liked him a lot, and he was a good friend, and boyfriend, but it was just too soon, you know? I was glad he said I didn't have to say something before I was able to shove my foot in my bloody mouth. I shook these thoughts out of my mind as I got off the bus and started looking for Luke. I saw his familiar spike blond hair with Calum and green haired Micheal. I danced over to them and froze when Luke turned around to see me. His lip was busted and his cheek was swollen. Someone slapped him, my Lukey. 

"Sophie," he said, almost warningly like he was telling me not to ask, which I wasn't going to listen to any way. He should know that. 

"What happened?" I asked, coming up to him, taking his chin in my hand to look at his face better. I angled it into the sunlight, which just made his face look worse. He pulled away with a small huff. 

"My mother was drunk again," was all he said, and from the look on his face, he didn't want to continue this conversation. I sighed, but dropped it for his sake. He took my hand as I said hello to Micheal and Calum. They greeted me with their usual gusto and it was good to have a bit of normalcy at school, despite what was going on outside of it. The bell rang, signalling the start of the school day and we all filed in. 

Most of my classes were boring. It was just note taking and some practice material. Nothing exciting. Except Luke's ex was glaring at me. Which wasn't entirely unusual. She's been doing that since Luke and I became official. I just wished she'd let it go and move on already. Luke was here to stay.

Lunch rolled around and I went to find the table with the guys. Micheal and Luke were already there and in deep discussion. Their heads were bent together and they seemed oblivious to the loud cafeteria, including me. I started walking towards them and as I got closer, I was able to hear part of their conversation. 

"He wants this to be over with. And by the plans he has, it's going to be a blood bath and she's going to be in the middle of it," Michael said. Luke dragged a hand through his hair tiredly. 

"I have to get her out of town," he said, exasperated. "That's the only way to prevent Ashton from getting to her again." Michael nodded. 

"That's going to be hard. Considering, you don't have a car and Sophie's parents are going to be on alert since you were discovered in her room, in her fucking bed to be exact, so yeah, good luck with that mate." 

Luke chuckled. "No dip smart one. She can't stay here though. Not with Ashton knowing where she lives and how he was able to get into her house so easily. It irks me that her parents just let him waltz in and see her." Michael nodded. 

"Yeah this is going to be hard," Michael replied. I sunk down in the chair next to Luke. 

"What's going to be hard?" I asked, though I heard every word. I just wanted to see their reactions. Both boys looked suprised at my entrance and both fumbled with an excuse to hand me. 

"Nothing," Michael said. 

"Math," Luke countered. I nodded and pretended I understood while I thought about what I just heard. Whatever is happening, is going to happen soon. If Luke is planning on getting me out of town somehow, then things are defintiely going to be bad. I was still in my thoughts when Calum plopped down in front of us with a crap ton of  food. 

"Bon apetite!" he said dishing out food to all of us. I giggled at his flourish at the end of his sentence before grabbing a plate from the tray he brought. We ate lunch in mostly silence. Calum was the bubble of conversation, trying to keep everyone upbeat. A feeling in my gut told me he knew what was going on but didn't want to let on.  

Lunch was over soon and we all went to class.

As i kept thinking about what they guys said at lunch, I couldn't help but be bummed that they could keep this from me. After all this whole thing is cause of me. Ashton has a crush on me for some dumb reason.They cant just discuss things about me. I'm the person that's affected with their decisions and besides, shoulnd't I get a say in where I go or what happens to me? They shouldn't keep this from me, not after last night and especially since Ashton knows where I live and like Luke said, how easy it was for him to get into my house. He even went into my damned room! Just ugh!  I huffed in class and recieved a few glances. I ignored them, but by the end of the day, I was irritated with them.  

Luke came up to me after the last class of the day. 

"Hi, Soph!" he said pecking my cheek. He originally went for my lips, but I swerved my head so he only caught my lips. "What's wrong?" 

I sighed. "I don't like that you're keeping stuff from me. I think I deserve to be in the loop! You can't just discuss stuff about me with Michael and not me, because in the end, the person this immeidiately effects is me! You can't hide stuff me from like this Luke! It's not fair and what if something happens? Then I won't know what's going on or what to do," I said, my irritation slipping into my tone of voice as I placed my hands on my hips. 

He hung his head, but nodded. "Yeah, you're right," he said. I smiled. "I will keep you informed from now on, kay?" he said. I nodded and gave him the kiss he went for in th beginning. He took my hand and walked me to my bus, where we parted begrudginly. I felt safe around him, cause I knew he'd protect me, and I think he just wanted stay around to see me and protect me. Neither of us wanted to be apart for long. We were getting too attached.  

The ride home went quickly and when I got home, no one was home as usual. I did my homework and when my parents came home, I came out of my room and interacted with them, the entire time silent. The last thing I wanted/needed was my mother going off on me again. Dinner consisted of scraping forks and the clatter of silverware. After that I took a shower, changed into pajamas and read until my eyes couldn't stay open anymore. 

I was shaken awake later that night. I opened my eyes but was greeted with darkness. Great, either I was blind folded or my room was blacked out. I tried to reach up to take it off, but my hands were tied and to my dismay, when I tried to kick around so were my feet. I felt myself being lifted into strong, muscular arms. I felt anything but comforted. I was being kidnapped. I started struggling, trying to flip out of their arms and somehow get away, but they squeezed me to their chest so hard I couldn't breathe. I I stopped moving, but was stiff in their arms. If I "saw" an oppurtunity to get away, I was going to leap on it.

"HELP ME LUKE!" I tried to shout, but something was slapped onto my face, litterally. I winced before I relaxed and they sighed. 

"Good, at least she knows when not to be a bitch," an unfamiliar voice said. I heard another man's chuckle and feet shuffled around. I was being carried out of my room.

My blood ran cold. Not only was I bound and most likely duct taped, I was being kidnapped and by people I didn't know. Dammit Luke. You should have snuck back in, like you wanted to after you were kicked out. I felt myself being taken outside and then thrown. I squealed against my duck tape, but then I whimpered when I connected with the metal side of a car and fell to the carpet. I started struggling again, but was soon smacked. The blow to my head was so hard, I blacked out from the pain after hearing Ashton's name. 

*AN: Please vote comment, lemme know you're readin*