Two

The sun is blinding, and I have a feeling it's God trying to shield me from what's happening. He probably doesn't think I should have to see my own mother being placed into the ground, and to be quite frank I don't think I should have to see that either. I shouldn't have to witness a cheap wooden casket sinking into a 6 foot deep hole, all the townsfolk gathered around, teary eyed and sad. I should not have to watch the pastor say prayers with a solemn face, and have his new right hand man stare me down with his round hazel eyes full of pity. And I'm kind of deciding, right now, that I won't any longer. I will just leave, is what I'll do. My mama wouldn't want me to be grumpy like this anyways. She'd tell me to run to the nicest, most beautiful place I could think of, like she always did when I was sad or angry. And when I am leaning down on my knees and gasping for air, she would tell me to look around and appreciate all that we have on this Earth but often forget about. So as the casket was dropped onto the soil, and people were throwing in flowers, and muttering apologies for my loss, I pulled off my dress shoes and threw those into the hole too. Soon enough, I was running with the wind and far, far away.