Night Train

As I waited for the night train, I could see the smoke-like steam rising up from my mouth, my toes were frozen to the bottom of my shoes, and my hair stood on high end.

It was November 29th. The coldest November 29th I have ever seen in Chicago and it wasn't even snowing. But I wouldn't have to worry about that where I am going, no sir. I will be in nice, warm Los Angeles, Califorina.

In Chicago no one understood me. I was an outsider to the kind of world that I lived in but I heard for musicians like me, Los Angeles was paradise city. Many famous bands get discovered in the L.A. band circut. If you were good at what you do and found the right band sound to your sound, you had a very good chance at making a lot of money and being famous. That is why I was out there freezing waiting for a train at midnight to take me there.

When the night train finally arrives, I get on to see that in the certain car I am in, there are only two people. A man with ginger hair about 5'9' and a black haired man about the same size but with a guitar case on his back sitting next to him. I sat on the seat across from them.

I heard them disscussing something but they were so quiet I didn't know what it was. I looked out the window at the freezing outside world. By morning I would be in Los Angeles, my new home.

"Hey, uh," The blacked haired man said to me. "My friend and I were wondering where you are getting off?"

"Uh," I said. "I am going to Los Angeles. How about you?"

"That is where we are going," He said. "I guess since we will be here awhile we should get to know each other. I am Jeffery but my friends call me Izzy."

"And I am Axl," The ginger haired on said.

"I am Charlotte," I said. "My friends call me Cherry."

"Nice to meet you Cherry," Axl said shaking my hand and then Izzy did the same. "Where are you from?"

"Chicago."

"We are from Indiana." Axl said.

"So I suppose you are musicians," I said.

"Yeah," Axl said. "Izzy here is a guitarist and I am pianist. That's why we are going to L.A."

"I am going there to find myself a band."

"Really what do you play?"

"I play a little bass but I am aiming to be a lead singer."

"Cool. I want to sing in my own band myself."

Suddenly the lights went out and the train stop as we fell voilently forward on the floor.

I saw two shadows outside the door.

"Oh shit," Axl said. "They found us."

"Who?" I said.

"Get over here," Axl said as I crawled over by him and Izzy. "And you might want this," he reached into his pocket, pulled out a gun, and handed it to me.

I took the gun and said "Why would I need this!?" I heard the door swing open. Axl covered my mouth as we watched the shadows go by. Then we heard them go onto the next train car. Axl put his hand down and then they lead me the oppsite way into another train car. Izzy closed the door.

"I thought we left them in Indiana." Izzy said pulling out his gun now too.

"We did but they found us," Axl said.

"Who found you?" I asked.

"Emeny of ours from our home town," Axl said. "They claim we own them money but we have never met them only seen them around. They have been trying to hunt us down for the past couple of months but we keep telling them we don't own them shit. So they said they would kill us the next time they saw us. Izzy and I were already planning to go to Los Angeles so we were no worried about it too much. But we brought our guns just in case they did find us."

"I knew that they were serious about killing us," Izzy said. "And they might go after you Cherry."

Just then the oppsite door slammed open and Axl and Izzy got me down on the ground, hinding under a seat in the back of the train car. The two figures walked over close to where we were. They appeared not see us but I could see them. One of them was tall and a little thin side, the other was about Axl's height.

"Are you sure they were on this train?" the tall one asked.

"Yes," the shorter one replied. "They have to be. This is the only train that goes to Los Angeles."

Before they could say anything more, Axl got up and kicked the shorter guy. The shorter man fell on to the ground. Izzy then got up to help Axl defend them. The taller one pull out his gun but before he could shoot, Izzy kick the gun out of his hand. Just then another guy came in to denfend the smaller guy and taller one. Then the taller guy had Izzy in a head lock, with Izzy using all of his might to get free. Axl was also in a struggle he was dodging and punching two guys at once.

Then the scarrest moment came to me. The taller guy, still having Izzy in a head lock, reached down to get his gun laying on the floor and put it towards Izzy's head. I pulled out Axl's pistal and without thinking I pulled the trigger. There was a loud bang and then a thud. I look out from under the seat. The taller guy was laying on the floor with blood pouring down his head.

Before I could look where Izzy was, the shorter man grabbed my by the arm and dragged me out from under the seat. He propped me up and put a gun to my head.

"Well, what do you have here?" he said. "A sniper?"

"Leave her alone," Axl said as the other guy had a gun to his and Izzy's heads. "She has nothing to do with this."

"Nothing to do with this?" he said. "She just kill, Robert. Just give us the money or I will blow her head off."

"Axl, just give him money," Izzy said.

Axl nodded. "How much do we 'owe' you then?" Axl asked.

"10,000 dollars," he said.

"What?!" Axl yelled. "We don't have that kind of money!"

"Well then I guess this is goodbye bitch," he said pushing the pistal closer to my head. "See you in hell." Before he could pull the trigger, I kicked him in the leg, I broke free of his arms, and the shot hit the ceiling. I grabbed out my pistal and shot him. He fell on the floor. At the same time Izzy kicked the other guy and brought him to his knees.

Axl put the gun to his head and said "Drop the gun." The man does and puts his arm above his head. "Tell you what let's make a deal? I will let you go and I wouldn't tell the police if you leave Izzy and me alone. And never bother anybody back home again." The other guy nodded his head and Axl drop his gun. Then the guy ran out the door.

I came by Axl and Izzy and they hugged me as tight as they could.

Izzy, Axl and I went up to the front of the train where the conductor and staff were hiding from the Indiana men. We told them they were dead and it was all over and we started off again.

When we got to Los Angeles, I stayed with my cousin and got a job. I still remain friends with Izzy and Axl and we have remain friends ever since that night.