September 1, 1941

Hey, 

so here's the second chapter, i was thinking of turning it into on of those stories were they have an in the diary, as well as out side of it, so I'm going to try it out this time and tell me what you think. If you want me to keep it the normal diary way or this new way! 

Thanks

Elle<3

_____________________________________________________________________________

   I feel fur in my hands, the fur of my cherichien bien-aimé, I feel her ears, they are as soft as my chasmeir sweater I wear ever morning during the colder seasons. My heart is skipping with joy. I am home. But my paradise seems to end too soon as I find my room shake, and I am plummeted into darkness. I force my eyes open, and I find that my puppy has been replaced by a pile of blankets that I must have pulled off my body and into my skinny arms in my slumber. Deciding that I'm not ready to get up yet I force my akin body to turn around onto my other shoulder. I rub my eyes with my fist that badly want to return under the warmth of my covers. Removing my hands from my eyes I am  stunned to find a pair of legs dressed in full length pants. I immediately remove all the thoughts of sleeping any longer, and let my eyes trail up the pair of mysteries legs in frunt of me. Reaching the top I discover they belong to my mother, and I let out the breath that I had been holding in. 

I look at my mother in the eyes as her genital voice fills my ears "Aurelie, are you awake?" 

I looked my mother with confusion in my eyes, but my confusion turned to shocked to find a pair of eyes that were empty of any life. My mothers eyes had always been the talk of the town, bight, alive, happy, joyful... hope full. But now, they were lifeless, it was just a pair of eyes on a body that had no life in it anymore. One look burned into my scull, it was the look of desperation, of some one who'd given up. I want to cry out at her, how could you give up on me and papa, how can you do this to use? HOW?? 

I take a breath, count to ten, and then open my mouth. Anger will not solve anything right now. "Yes Mama I'm awake." I look away from her eyes because they make me want to give up myself.  Instead study her pain look, a look I will soon have to become comfortable with myself. 

My mother had not just given up on everything around her, she had also given up on the one thing she prides herself about, her appearance. My mother was standing in front of me with a look I had never seen her ware. She had let her hair fall down along her back, and her gray roots seem to have sprouted in her blond hair during the night. Her face contained no makeup, it didn't even look like she had washed her face. Her lips had a tint of red that must be left over from yesterday. She was wearing the same shirt as the one she had worn yesterday to bed. And her pants were stretchy pants from when she went to yoga classes. Before we were no longer allowed to do anything.

My mother opens her mouth, but no words come out. So she closes it. Thinks for a minute, and try's again, this time succeeding. "Aurelie how could you?" She looks at me connecting with my eyes, and her blank expression finally changes to scowl.

I rack my mind for what I have done wrong now, but my mind goes blank. "What?" My voice come of more angry then I wanted it to. 

"Excuse me, your tone is not acceptable young lady!" 

I look at her with a blank expression, and lower my eyes to the wooden floor, "Im sorry." I mutter

"Excuse me I wasn't finished speaking you are such a..." My mother stops trying to find her words, she has always had a hard time speaking in french, but she dose it for my English father. "imbécile," and some times she resorts to her native language french. "you are a disgrace to this family, by putting us all in danger." 

I keep my eyes on the ground, "I'm sorry mama."

"Sorry? Sorry? What will a sorry do when we are all dead? You should have never brought that stupid notebook with you! They will kill you if they see you writing in it!" 

I keep my mouth shut, and keep my eyes down on the ground.

"Just what I thought, you don't even have a reason, pathetic!" She yells

I swing my legs over the bed, so I can stand up, and be at her height before I let my thoughts become words, and words of anger at that.  "I'm sorry Mother I didn't know that I was putting us at risk, I will be more careful next time." I pause for a second, but continue on before she can say anything. "But you need to look in the mirror, not even one day you have already given up hope, and you cant do this to me father and Babette! You cant just do this to...." I stop in the middle of my sentence as I hear foot steps coming down the hallway toward us.

"What is going on in here?" I hear a man barking out at us in french.

"My mother turns around, and responds in french, "Nothing Sir, me and my daughter are having a little argument, its nothing you need to waste you time with."

"Madame, you and your daughter, must quit down. We do not like people who make scenes here." He seems to be getting angrier by the minute.

"My apologies, sir, we do not mean to cause trouble. Again we were just having a harmless argument, I don't think it was bothering anyone. I apologies again. But if I may ask, why do you and the officers here not like people making scenes?" 

I look at my mothers back with horror, dose she want to get killed? Adrenaline starts pounding though my veins, and i move my feet forward so I am standing next to my mother, I open my mouth and i don't even think, I just speak. "I'm sorry for my mother, she is just a very worried person. We will..." I stop as I see him remove a gun from his belt, and point it towards us.

"What were you saying?" he looks at me with three eyes, two blue, and the last one was a dark black hole, that held a bullet that could take my life in a second. 

"I... I..." I cant seem to get my words out, and lower my eyes to the ground.

"BANG"

My ears ring, and I close my eyes. 

_____________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for reading!! 

Im so sorry this took sutch a long time, I just have been really busy this past week with re-doing my room, along with my job. And I also had no Idea what I was going to do. Im I hope I get the next chapter up soon, but if not im gonna say im sorry now, I just start school soon and i need to get readly for that, but I hope you like it. Im sorry if my french is off. I have had 3 years of french clases every other day, but I had no idea how to combine french and english. If you know how to to that It would be awsome if you could tell me! And help out with later on too! Comment, Vote, Favreate, Fan...

Im sorry if anything in here affends you

Elle <3