Change

My brother Alex walks into my room and plops down next to me on the bed.

“Hey”, I breathe out.

“Hey”, he glanced at me “So I was umm…”

“What do you want Alex?” I love him but sometimes he just annoys the crap out of me.

“Well I was wondering since it’s summer starting soon if you maybe umm…how do I put this?”

“What? Lose weight? You know that’s a touchy subject for me Alex.” He really has to bring this up? I knew he was going to someday. Didn’t know it would be today. So much love.

“What? Callie. It’s just that you’ve put on some more weight lately and you know it’s good to be healthy. What I’m asking is, are you even up for it? And this isn’t fun for me to talk about either. Do you think I like talking about this?”

“Then why bring it up? Have I ever told you that you really suck as a brother?” I guess it couldn’t hurt. I mean, he is right. Kind of. “You know what? Fine. I’ll do it.”

“Never! “ God he is so dramatic. “But I’m glad you decided to get fit.”

“I am. I just have a curvy figure…beyond a stick.”

“Yeah, with rolls added into the mix” He laughed after that. HE LAUGHED. Asshole.

“You’re a dick”

“Thanks. So when are we gonna get started?”

“We? There is no ‘we’ dumbass.”

“Hey, hey enough with the hurtful names here. And because all the other times you’ve tried to lose weight have been so successful.” What a jerk. See, he knows he is right, because he is. And I hate that he’s right.

“Fine. When do we get started?” He knows he won. He’s got his victory smile going. Screw him. Such an ass.

“I was thinking tomorrow? Just to see where we are at. Like just height, weight, some questions, and maybe a starters workout too. Just basic stuff like that” My jaw was probably touching the ground because he laughed. Again. And did he just say weight? Oh hell no. I don’t care who he is. He is not going to know that number. Not happening. I am not gonna cave this time.

“My weight? You wanna know how much I weight? Hell no. Are you actually being serious?”

“If I’m going to help you, which I am, then shouldn’t I know the starting number? Besides it’s just a number. You probably weigh less that me.” Is he trying to do stand-up right now because he’s hilarious.

“I doubt I do. I’m not only fucking morbidly obese, but I have muscle too.” Is he stupid? Seriously.

“Okay, miss dramatic you aren’t morbidly obese. It’s funny that you think that though.” He thought I was kidding?

“Look at me.” He glanced at me up and down and then raised his eyebrows at me.”

“Yeah, I don’t know what you’re talking about”

“Whatever. You’re fucking blind.”

“What time-“ He was cut off by mom screaming her lungs out.

“DINNER!” Ugh. Not food. But thank God our little ‘chat’ is over.

“God I’m so hungry!” He gets off my bed and walks towards my door. He probably notices that I’m not coming because he looks back at me. “You coming?” Shit. Come up with something Callie.

“Yeah, just give me a second. Meet you down there.”

“Okay” Hah! Like I’m gonna eat. He had a point earlier. I have put on some weigh, wouldn’t kill me to skip a few meals would it? I’ll just lock my door and make it seem like I’m falling asleep. That usually works.