Chapter 9 The Unquiet Dead Part 3

I pulled my hand away from Gwen's face as I saw her eyes flutter opened. I placed the damp cloth on a table as I watched her begin to fidget.

"It's okay, you need rest, go back to sleep." I calmly whispered to her not to loud.

"But my angels, miss. They came, didn't they? They need me?" She murmured waking up.

"They do need you, Gwyneth. You're their only chance of survival."The Doctor answered, which caused Rose to burst out angrily.

"I've told you, leave her alone. She's exhausted and she's not fighting your battles." Rose was kneeling beside me. The Doctor leaned his head back and sighed. Rose turned to Gwen and gave her a drink "Drink this."

"Well, what did you say, Doctor? Explain it again. What are they?" Sneed asked him confused.

"Aliens." The Doctor replied.

"Like... foreigners, you mean?" He questioned.

"Pretty foreign, yeah. From up there." He pointed skyward before turning to me as I stood up.

"There Aliens Re, not ghosts, you don't need to fear them." He reassured me, and I nodded.

"Yeah I know" I simply put, but it wasn't sitting right with me, my watch burned back then. It was faint though. "It doesn't change the fact they looked like Ghost though and that they can take control of the deceased bodies. It still frightens me and I won't lie and say that I feel like something is off, but it's just a doubt." I spoke honestly before Sneed got the attention of us.

"Brecon?" Sneed guessed.

"Close. They've been trying to get through from Brecon to Cardiff but the road's blocked. Only a few can get through and even then they're weak. They can only test drive the bodies for so long, then they have to revert to gas and hide in the pipes." The Doctor lectured.

"Which is why they need the girl." Dickens pointed out.

"They're not having her." Rose told us.

"But she can help. Living on the rift, she's become part of it, she can open it up, make a bridge and let them through." Doctor told Rose.

"Incredible. Ghosts that are not ghosts but beings from another world who can only exist in our world by inhibiting cadavers." Dickens spoke.

"Good system. It might work." The Doctor responded and Rose stood up walking over to us.

"You can't let them run around inside dead people!" She stormed.

"Why not? It's like recycling." He argued.

"Seriously though, you can't." Rose claimed and he barked back.

"Seriously though, I can."

"Re" Rose called me for back up, which I hoped she didn't. I had to make a decision I still had a hunch that something bad could happen, but at the same time what if some bad doesn't. I sighed before speaking my mind.

"Rose I understand where you coming from, but I agree with the Doctor."

"Seriously Re!? It's just... wrong! Those bodies were living people! We should respect them even in death! Didn't you speak about that in the past Re!" She exclaimed at me.

"I don't approve of bodies being experimented on!" I grabbed Rose by the shoulders. "I believe that soul leaves the body and goes to heaven or hell... maybe limbo, which I believe to be what our ghosts, but that's not the point. The point is these aliens are on the verge of extinction. If they were us, if they were the people of planet earth, wouldn't you want someone to help us, to save us. That's what we will be doing for them and don't say it's different because it's not." I tried my best to make her see reason.