Chapter 19

~ Miss Porter ~

"That's bullshit! She can't do that!" I was furious when Nicole called me to say what Dr Lance had prepared for us. This is a living nightmare. I can't do this.

"Baby, we'll make it through. It's gonna be hard, I know. But come on, for us, this is vanilla." She made me smile, even though she wasn't next to me.

"If something happens to you and I'm not there..." I wanted to choke that doctor.

"She thinks it's best for a while and..." Wait, what?

"The doctor is a woman?!"

"Well, yeah."

"Nicole! Why didn't you tell me?!"

"I didn't think it mattered?"

"You didn't... Ha. You didn't think that she would want to tear us apart. I know why, you're extremely hot, pantie-dropping gorgeous."

An annoyed, slow voice interrupted my rambling. "Miss Porter, hello. This is Dr Lance. I can assure you I have no sexual intentions with your girlfriend, I never did. I just think these few days will help her heal mentally. You do want what's best for her, right?"

Damn it. She was so annoyingly right. "Yes." I pouted like a child.

"Okay then, you'll be hearing from Nicole in two weeks."

"Wait, let me..." The line closed before I could hear Nicole's voice again. These two weeks are gonna be hell.

"Georgia!" I yelled to my assistant.

"Yes, Miss?" She peeked through my office door.

"Tell Jacob I'm ready to go to the set. I have some shooting to do today. It'll be good to keep my mind off of these things."

"Nicole not doing well in therapy, huh?" How did she know?

"How do you know about that?" She frowned realising that she should've had her mouth shut.

"Well, um, Nicole told me about it and her PTSD." Georgia was nervous from me interrogating. I can't blame Nicole, I just felt bad that she couldn't turn to me instead.

"You two talked about this a lot?"

"Not a lot... I don't know."

"It's okay Georgia, you can go now."

"I'm sorry for interfering between the two of you. I just... I love Nicole. She's a really good friend."

"Now you crossed the line, go home to your wife." I chuckled, playing all jealous. She laughed too and left the room.