#ToAllTheBoysContest

To the boy who's wrong about Texas having a better college football team than Alabama,

I think there's something about you that pulled me in from the start. Your smirk is a bit mischievous like you knew exactly the effect you had on me. Over the years you've brought me out of what I've known and shown me that back roads are for deep conversations and stars are meant to remind you of how insignificant others' opinions really are.  Yeah, your looks are what got me into you in the first place, but wow was I in trouble when I discovered who you really were.

My feelings for you have been bottled up for so long that I actually wrote a trilogy with you as inspiration for one of my main characters (where ironically the characters fake date!), but no matter how hard I tried, I could never truly put into words just how amazing you are. It's not fair that as a writer, I can't write anything that does you justice. 

Look, I don't know if I'm the girl who will get to get your goodnight kisses, but I hope whoever she is she loves you for who you are. I hope she realizes how you'd stay up until 4 a.m. on a work night with her just so she can enjoy her first meteor shower. I hope you wrap that plaid blanket around her arms and hold her close as you point out constellations in the back of your truck. I hope you buy her ice cream at midnight in a gas station, and she lets you pick the flavor...all just like I did. I hope she sees that yeah, you see beauty in the world, but I hope she sees that the most beautiful sight in the world is the way your eyes light up when you look at her. And even if all those things don't happen with her, know those memories will always hold a place in my heart.

Thanks for never being ashamed of me. Thank you for the times you've held me in your arms as I've cried. Thank you for being one of the most beautiful people I've ever known. You said if boys couldn't accept me for who I was, then they didn't deserve me at all. Secretly I've always kept those words close to home.

Sometimes I wonder if the oceans get jealous when they look at your eyes. Your eyes switch from the sky to the trees as your mood changes. It's like one kind of beautiful wasn't enough when you were being painted.

I think that I haven't told you about my feelings because I don't want to ruin our friendship... but no matter what happens, I'll forever be grateful for you and your terrible jokes.

Oh, and you'll always be the boy who is wrong about Texas A&M. Roll Tide.

Sincerely signed, the girl who you always think about when you hear Taylor Swift on the radio.