Another End

Today was the most dreadful day of Lucy's life. Seeing his best friend and partner undergo through a major transformation. Natsu had just unlocked his previous memories about him being a demon and everything and now, he's babbling about ending Zeref's life and fulfilling END's prophecy.

He wanted to kill himself.

Lucy looked towards Natsu's faint silhouette almost devoured by the dark shadows of the guild cellar. When Natsu told the guild about everything, they were quite in a huge fuss and they were quite on the edge. Nobody was willing to accept his confession and only took it as a mere joke at first but seeing him so serious, everybody slowly took the news not that well.

Makarov was shaken up pretty badly, speechless and frozen as he looked to one of his most troublesome yet beloved children. He couldn't believe that the world was upon his innocent child's hands and now, he was willing to do anything to protect it.

Makarov was completely against Natsu's plan of sacrificing his body as vessel for Zeref's strongest demon, especially the part where he'll destroy himself in order to protect the world. It was completely absurd. But seeing the firm resolve in Natsu's fiery eyes, he couldn't do anything at all.

Erza was beating the hell out of Natsu... Literally. She went berserk and sent thousands of swords around the whole guild aimlessly. She wouldn't let him do that. Not after what he told her.

"You said you live for your friends, right?! NOW TELL ME WHY YOU ARE DOING THIS!" She shouted towards him. Natsu's face was shadowed by his hair. Erza was fuming in anger. 'He'll never do this!' She stubbornly thought while she glared to Natsu. Natsu still kept silent.

The guild gasped in shock as they saw Erza slap Natsu, tears forming in her eyes. "Why aren't you answer-"

"Because I have to." Natsu steely said, making Erza flinch to his unusual harsh tone. Erza stood there, frozen. She desperately wanted to beat the crap out of Natsu until he says everything was just another one of his notorious and ridiculous pranks but she knows she couldn't. He already made up his mind and nobody could ever stop him from doing it, even Erza understood that fact. She simply stepped away from Natsu and sat on one of the isolated tables on the corner of the guild and glared at Natsu.

Gray took the news better than Erza, but he was also against Natsu's stupid means of resolution to the problem. He never thought that the pathetic idiot would even resort to him sacrificing his life in the line. He was always so loud about how one should live for the sake of his friends and now, he's violating his own principles.

He gritted his teeth and clenched his fist upon seeing Natsu's reaction on Erza's confrontation. It was as if he was giving up. And it really pissed the hell out of the ice mage. Natsu clearly wasn't joking about everything and he didn't understand why the others didn't see the seriousness in his tone.

Was he always that 'close' to Natsu before?

Lucy couldn't take her eyes away from Natsu. She couldn't believe anything at all in fact. The moment Natsu told them his plan, it was as if the world died down and turned dull for her. The only thing ringing in her ears was 'sacrifice' and 'kill myself'.

The moment everything registered, tears unconsciously made their way out of her system. She covered her mouth with her trembling hands, shaking eyes wide and face dangerously pale. When her knees completely gave in, she sat on the wooden guild floors and stared at Natsu's figure pleadingly.

His distinct rose-colored locks, his muscly body, his scarf, his toothy grins-everything about him. It was as if the memories of every adventure she had together with this fire dragonslayer standing in front of her flashed back one after another inside her brain.