15 fics in 15 days

So, this is basically a series of 15 one-shots I will finish in (roughly) 15 days. Enjoy!

-

-

-

Nico was just trying to get through day by day. Some things helped. Some things, like the other campers looking at him in that discreet way or whispering to their friends as he walked by, didn't.

One thing that helped-- that had always helped-- was music. Music brought back memories that were carefully preserved, like a butterfly between two pieces of glass. A smooth, low melody sung by his mother in their tiny, cozy, apartment. Bianca singing a light, sweet tune to get him to smile on the train to that awful school. Percy humming a song under his breath--

Percy...

Stop it, he told himself firmly. No. No Percy. Think about anything but Percy. Music. Yes, good. Think about the key changes from Rent or Sondhiem's incredible tempos or that Apollo kid that was supposed to have As Long As You're Mine transposed by yesterda--

Nico pulled on his aviator jacket and half-ran out of his cabin. He gave an involuntary shiver at the rush of brisk air. Not that it was any warmer inside. Nico began the walk to the Apollo cabin, which was practically swelling with Christmas carols at this time of year. Nico knocked briskly. The door swung open almost immediately.

"Nico!" cried a girl with a round face, pink, flushed cheeks and dimples. "Just who I wanted to see!" She darted inside before appearing only seconds later with a stack of papers. "Got it! Right on time, too!" The dimples deepened. Nico decided not to correct her. "Well, hope you put it to good use. Have a merry Christmas!" chirruped the joyful camper. Just as Nico was walking away, she called back. "Hey! Given any more thought to partaking in our Christmas Karaoke Explosion?"

"I-I'll think about it more," stammered Nico. Truth be told, he would rather face a dozen hellhounds than have to perform anywhere but in his cabin.

"Well, I'll be saving you a spot!" she trilled before closing the door.

Nico shook his head and started the walk back to his cabin. Being within even three feet of an Apollo camper could be pretty draining. Which could be part of the reason he got so pissed when he collided heads with someone walking the opposite way.

"Ow! Son of a BITCH!" Nico fell right on his ass in the snow as it broke his fall. The opposing force wasn't so lucky-- he face-planted into the icy slush and immediately started shooting off curses in rapidfire Spanish.

Nico slowly got to his feet, rubbing his forehead where it got bonked and glaring at his attacker, still swearing freely. Nico winced. He recognized some of the less pretty profanities from the time Leo had tried to--

Wait.. that WAS Leo!

Because who ELSE could be so aggravating, grumbled Nico mentally as he pulled the still steaming Latino out of the snow.

"Gods, Nico, I'm sorry..." Leo stammered, rubbing his own nose, which had hit the former's forehead. "All my fault-- Here, let me help you--" and he reached down to pick up one of Nico's loose sheets of music. And, with Nico's luck, it was the title page.

Shitshitshitshit, thought Nico frantically. If he asks me to sing, I swear to Hades I'll--

"No. Way!"

Wait, what?

"You're a Wicked fan, too?!" asked Leo excitedly. Nico began to wonder if it was possible for human beings to spontaneously combust.

"Yeaaaaaah..." replied Nico cautiously.

"Oh, man, this is just wild!" cried Leo. "I didn't think anyone here but an Apollo kid would even know who Idina Menzel is!"