Chapter 31

As I shower, I can't help, but relive last night's events between Luka and I. The way he touched every inch of me, kissed my lips, and pleasured my cravings was so magical. Today, I woke up feeling completely different. As I step out of the shower and come face to face with the mirror, I instantly see my skin full of youthfulness, a natural glow being more visible than ever before and my eyes are much brighter than ever before.

My vision has even became better not that I had vision problems before, but for some reason everything is heighten in color.

Grabbing the towel from the rail without even trying I pull to hard completely detaching the rail from the wall. I gasp, not knowing what to think about what just happened.

"How am I going to explain this to Luka?," I murmur to myself as I pick up the rail placing it in the sink. Adamaris wasn't kidding about mating.

-
-

Finishing cooking breakfast, I turn around to grab plates when I bump into Luka's buff chest, a smile forming instantly from his presence. Luka immediately embraces me in a hug as he places his forehead against mine.

"I love you," he murmurs, his crystal blue eyes fixated down on me.

A warm feeling takes over my body as I let those words sink in. The amount of butterflies that are currently going crazy in my stomach is so unreal right now.

"I love you too," I genuinely respond bringing my lips to his smooth ones. Our lips following one another feeling sparks erupts in our veins.

Luka pulls away from our kiss lingering on what seems like a thought before he says, "I need to talk to you."

Having a clue about what he might want to talk with me about, I decide to also let him know that I have important information to discuss with him that needs to be addressed immediately in order to get my plan into action.

The clock is ticking.

"We need to talk about why I didn't let you mark me last night," I say grabbing his hand signaling for him to follow me outside.

Having this conversation is best to have outside especially for what I'm about to tell him knowing he's going to absolutely hate it.
"Explain," he calmly says as we step out to the patio.

"When I was in Demise territory, she told me exactly what I had to do once resurrected," I lowly say feeling an ill feeling inside my stomach on what I'm about to announce to Luka.

He raises a curious brow as he crosses his arms across his chest, "What exactly do you have to do?"

I take in a deep breathe before exhaling it not having any idea on how to say this to my mate. After all, it's still his mother. I have no idea what will be his opinion on all of this.

"I must kill Lodis Luka," I breathe.

Luka stays silent not expressing any kind of emotion just remaining blank which is worrying me. I expected some type of reaction from him since it's his mother, but what I'm getting is even worse in my opinion.

"Lu-"

"I agree," he says cutting me off. At the same time leaving me speechless.

"You do?"

"She was never no mother to me Alyja. She murdered my father, cursed me, and don't forget what she has caused between us," he sternly says as he takes a seat on one of the chairs.

"It's time that she pays for everything she has done. Don't worry about me, you're the only one I love in this world," he continues.

I smile loving his words, but now the real reason on why I needed to talk to him about is about to make itself known and now this is the part where I'm mostly scared of his reaction.

"I need a favor from you," I murmur scratching my arm.

"Anything," he responds.

"Tomorrow I'm going to find her, regain my dragons, and do what I must do," I take in a deep breathe.

"Okay? What favor do you need from me?," he raises a brow.

"You and I are going into battle together," I exhale.

"No problem"

"That's not all," I add seeing Luka crease his brows confusion plastered on his face waiting for me to announce what I have in mind.

After everything that has happened these past days, I know he's going to throw a fit. I don't blame him though. But this is something, I trust and am confident it will work out to both our benefits. I'm sure this time I'll have everything under control including my mate regardless of what may occur.

This time it's different, I just know it.

"I need you in your lycan form when we face Lodis"

"Are you delusional Alyja?!," Luka unhappily says getting up from his chair rather quickly.

"I know what I'm doing"

"You clearly don't. Don't you remember what happened to you last time when I was in lycan form? Or may I remind you?," he clenches his jaw pacing back and forth.

"I understand Luka. I'm well aware of the unpleasant result of last time, but I also know we connected as well. You recognized me while in that form. You took me home with you in that form. Don't you remember?," I calmly say as I place my hand on his shoulder trying my best to calm his tense state that I've caused.

Luka slumps his shoulders down instantly relaxing by my simple touch, something I'm quickly learning how to do for my mate whenever he's stressed, "I will not lose you again," he murmurs.

"You won't, I promise you I'll never leave you," I reassure him facing him cupping his smooth baby face into my palms as I look into his crystal blue eyes. The emotions that are swirling in his irises visibly shows how terrified he is of losing me.

He truly fears this won't work.

"This will work... trust me," I murmur placing my lips on his to soothe him. He gives in into my kiss following my lead. One thing lead to another, now both bare to each other as I'm on top of him kissing his gorgeous face I adore so much.

"I trust you," he breathes between kisses causing a huge smile to form on my lips as I give small pecks to his plump smooth lips.

I detach my lips from his facing him as I sit on top of him. The way he looks at me with such adoration makes the butterflies inside my stomach go wild. How did I get so lucky to have such a mate as him?

"So what was it you wanted to talk to me about love?," I ask remembering he also had something in mind which I believe we already touched basis on.

Luka lingers on something inside his mind before he responds, "It was about you not letting me mark you last night. We covered it already."

I smile leaning down placing my lips on his proceeding with what we were planning earlier. After all, tomorrow is the day, we go into battle with his mother.