Chapter 4

"Gotta hide gotta hide gotta hide." Hidan kept thinking to himself, while he tried to escape the sight of an extremely pissed Kaede by running up the stairs.

"Dog 7. Come out, come out where ever you are." Kaede called out creepily as she walked up the stairs. The stomping noise of every step was like a growing earthquake to Hidan's sensitive dog ears.

"Oh shit oh shit oh shit." Hidan said as he started looking around franticly for somewhere to hide. He saw one door open and ran into it as fast as he can, so he would have time to find a hiding place. But, that idea quickly changed when he realized this was the girls room. He smirked before jumping on the bed, grabbing a pillow with his mouth and turning to face the doors. He soon felt the girl finally make it up the stairs, and realize her door was the only one open.

"Hell. No." Hidan heard her seethe before slamming the door all the way open. "Don't you dare."

Hidan could careless about her words. He started shaking his head, with the pillow in it till he saw feathers raining down all over the room. Kaede stood shocked with her jaw on the floor. She narrowed her eyes and gritted her teeth in pure anger.

"I'll kill you!!!" She yelled before lunging at the destructive mutt on her bed. Hidan's smirk widened as he jumped off the bed and ran past her to make his way down the stairs.

"Guys lets get the fuck outta here!" Hidan says to the group of dogs, while panting.

Pein raises an eyebrow in suspicion. "What have you done now?"

Just when Hidan was about to answer the leader, Kaede jumped off the second floor. Only to do a flip mid-air, much to the dogs surprise, and land flat on Hidan's back. She somehow also to get her arm around his neck, putting him into a headlock.

"Listen here you sad excuse for a dog. I swear to god, I will rip your head off with my bear hands if I need to. You better sleep with one eye open," she smirks, "if you even make it until then."

"Oh I'm so scared. I'm shaking my hypothetical boots." Hidan snorts.

"You idiot she can't understand you. Answering to her is pointless." His partner Kakuzu says, rolling his eyes. Hidan furrowed his eyebrows as he frowned. He was about to retort but the girl tightened her grip on the pups neck, making him choke.

"Stop barking you stupid dogs. You all are giving me a migraine." Kaede says rubbing her temple with her free hand.

"You bitch! We're trying to have a conversation. Stop interrupting. I'll kill you!" Hidan snarled, trying to turn his head to the girl. Kaede just frowned and tightened her grip again, making him choke like the last time.

"Hidan if I were you. I would just shut up." Kakuzu warned.

"Shut the fuck up Kakuzu! Its not like I can die."

"Actually. You're a dog now, so we don't even know if your still immortal or not," Pein said, butting into the conversation.

"Yeah and keep testing her patience and maybe we'll find out pretty soon." Kakuzu said, finishing Pein's sentence.

"My head." Kaede uttered as she gripped the side of her head, hinting the dogs to shut it.

"Nee-chan how could you! You're going to kill him!" Tsutomu said walking into the living room from his little bathroom break.

"Who cares if he passes. Not only would I be doing myself the favor but," she stops to motion her head towards the group of dogs, "I'd be doing them the favor as well. And to Kaede's surprise, they all nodded in agreement.

"See?"

"It doesn't matter nee-chan. Thats still considered animal abuse." He replies, crossing his arms over his chest. Kaede narrowed her eyes and glared at her younger brother.

"Keep defending the demon dog and I'll show you what real animal abuse it." She growled.

"Slow your roll sister. I may be a mammal. But I'm all human." The boy replies with a smile, as he points to himself with his thumb. Kaede rolls her eyes at her brother, thus proving her 'smart but stupid' theory she has.

She gets up from Hidan and watches him scurry back into the group of mutts, only to hide behind one of them.

"I'm going to pee. Get the collars on all of them. Then tell me which ones don't cooperate, so I can kill them. I have to check something in the lab." She says nodding at her brother before walking over, opening a door that seems to lead into a basement, walking into it, and closing and locking the door behind her. The dogs all raise their eyebrows as if on cue.

"Lab she says, eh?" Pein says staring at the door she went through.

"See Pein. I had a feeling this girl had something. Maybe she can help us after all." Konan said nudging Pein with her head. He turns to her and nods.

"I guess my plan for running away during the walk would just have to wait. Perhaps she can help us after all. I believed that she certainly had no way of helping us." Pein said as he lowered his head in thought.

"See you have to listen to me. Konan's always right." Konan said as she giggled. Pein raised his head, but didn't look at blue dog beside him, he just looked forward.

"Don't do that ever again." Pein stated, still looking forward.

"Do what?"

"Prove me wrong," He said glancing over at Konan from the corner of his eyes, " its unnatural and unheard of."

Konan looked up at the ginger dog before lowering her head to let out a giggle, and raise it again.

"Stop being wrong, and maybe I wont." She smiled. Pein just glanced over at her from the corner of his eyes once again, and replied with nothing.

'Damn you Konan' Pein though before internally sighing.