Chapter 3 - The As*hole

**Lily's club outfit in the picture on the side**

Chapter 3 - Lily's POV

After speaking to Lisa for another 20 minutes regarding what we were going to do for revenge and her trying to persuade me that it's the right thing to do we finally end the call. Sometime during this conversation she demanded that we were going out and getting drunk so we could forget all about Vince. Even though I should be pissed at her because of the whole Europe thing I really cannot be bothered to not speak to her at a time like this.

I hear my mom calling me down for dinner and I realise that I've been up here for nearly two hours. That means that I was on the phone to Lisa for over an hour, it didn't even seem that long. I quickly make my way down stairs and head into the kitchen. I'm greeted by the smell of chicken pot pie, mom's specialty. I rub my belly and stick out my bottom lip when my mom notices that I have entered the room.

"See, I could have died while I was up upstairs. You made me wait so long" I scold. She just shakes her head in answer and goes back to pulling the dish out of the oven.

"Can you set the table for me please" she asks, pointing to the cutlery that is already out, sitting on the kitchen side. I quickly make my way over to it, picking it up and walk into our dining room.

The room is a light cream, which I think is unpractical because grubby hands could touch the walls and the grease stain would be a nightmare to get out. I know for a fact that this is true because my mom made me clean it once when Joshua was little and thought it would be funny to make pea covered handprints on the wall. There is a dark oak table, that seats 6, placed in the middle of the room with fresh flowers lying in its centre. A lot of my mom's art work graces the walls, splashes of colour in each picture. Beaches seem to be the theme for all the paintings within this room.

I start to arrange the place mats onto the table, putting a knife and folk on the out sides of each one. Just as I'm about to finish my brother comes bounding into the room. "Oh no, look what the cat dragged in" he scrunches up is nose.

"Don't start with me buddy, I'll take you down" I shoot back, placing my fists in front of my face in a fighters stance.

"Come at me" he demands. It's almost laughable because he is the same size as me but with no muscle what so ever. For a thirteen year old he is on the short side but he seems to be getting taller each year so hopefully he will grow to be as tall as my dad who is over 6ft. If not then he is stuck as the same size as my mom and me which is 5ft 4'. His brown hair is shorter than when I last saw him so he must have gotten it cut recently. It's now cropped around the sides and flicks up at the front in a messy quiff. He takes after my dad having light brown hair and green eyes. His slim frame shows that he has not quite hit puberty yet and I always love teasing him about it.

"Nah, you'd fall flat on your ass with my guns coming at you" I rib, flexing my non-existent muscles. Just as he is about to take a step closer as if to challenge me my mom walks in with the dinner. My dad trails behind her holding the side dishes and quickly comes over to me, squeezing me into a quick hug before taking a seat at the table.

"Better watch your back" Joshua mutters under his breath so my parents don't hear. I cannot help the chuckle that escapes my mouth. Who does he think he is, the hulk?

"Back at ya bro" I grin. Even though we don't always get along I love the banter between us. It always puts me in a better mood and after what Vince sent me I could definitely use all the help I can get.

We all quickly take a seat, me and my brother opposite my mom and dad. As we all pile our plates with food the conversation picks up.

"So, how is college Lily? I'm so happy we have you for the weekend. I miss you not living here anymore" mom pouts.