Chapter 4 : Almia Air

Let's just say, the interval between that fiery day and my birthday was pretty painful, but when that day came around, when I was fourteen and now able to storm around Sandgem with Pichu proudly (and legally) perched on my shoulder, I was overjoyed.

The day seemed to be long, my family's attention on me, my dad surprising me with an envelope specially mailed from Almia, from the academy itself, with a  letter attached, all addressed from Vientown.

 Allison Bentley, Kenneth Flare, Garfield Roww, Fiona Ford

Vientown Ranger Base, Almia

 Hi, Grace! Happy Birthday! Its me Allison, writing in favor of all of us here, me, Kenny, Gary, and Fiona, our mechanic, and oh, Lillian Hart, our operator. Oh! And not to forget our partners who are excited to meet you, my Vulpix, Kenny's Aipom, Garfield's Makuhita, and Fiona's Cubone.

 We have been thinking of you (Ken especially) and how much you mean to us even though we've known you for only a total of three hours, not including our night's sleep. For a present, we decided to talk to Headmaster Lamont of the Almia Pokemon Academy, personally as some of his favorite pupils. We told him about you, well Ken did, and how you have a good heart, and how you deserve to be a ranger more than any other kid. He believed us, and guess what! You get a scholarship! 

 Usually the most talented (richie rich) kids get to make it in, with tests and applications, but you stand out, and you are talented all your own. The Principal has made you a more personal and shorter application, of course you'll need one for health and physical needs, but anyways, you're special! We know you are! 

 We know that one day, you'll be a Top Ranger, the toppest top ranger ever! Can't wait to see you!

 Alli, Kenny, Gary, Fio, and all our Poke pals!

I smiled, holding the hand written, and close to perfect letter close, the application being looked over by my father now. He would go ahead and fill out the personal details, but the personal pre-student orientation was mine to tackle. I'd do it later anyhow.

"Grace! Open my present next!" I giggled and lifted my little sister onto my lap, though she was getting too old to do this to. She held a small package, probably the sole item she went shopping for with our mom when they took a trip to Veilstone the other day. 

I kissed her forehead and carefully tore it open, Rosie deep in suspense. Pichu hopped from shoulder to shoulder as well, wanting me to hurry. I took off the preciously dotted wrapping paper, to reveal a little box. I held it up, wanting to just pop it open already. 

"Cool! Open it." Mom nudged me, winking obviously to Rosie, who gave an exagerrated giggle in return. I opened it to reveal a bracelet with a silver chain, two wooden charms the treasure, personally whittled. One was a mini girl, me, and the other was a Pichu with oversized ears, one with an extra three spikes on the end. 

Pichu gasped and cried out, touching her figure. "Chu! Pi!" She jumped onto Rosie's head, nudging her roughly. "We love it!" I put it on, twisting my wrist to admire the work. 

"We found an old man who was a whittler, and Rosie had the mind to speak out and ask for a 'charm bracelet for her sister's spiky eared Pichu and herself.'" Mom tapped Rosie's nose, sneering at her in a loving fashion. "I... It's so amazing!" I loved it so much! 

"You can add more charms too." Rosie shyly added and looked down, a wide smile glued to her face. 

In the end, I had amazing bracelet and new clothes, and an amazing application to my dream school. I was so grateful! The rest of the day, we spent time together, and just basked in the fact that I was fourteen! By the end of the day, I was so enthralled that I could barely fall asleep, until Pichu's breathing lulled me into a peaceful unconsciousness.