Latin

Molly’s POV:

I have always hated math but somehow I’m extremely good at it. I was sitting there watching the clock waiting for lunch. As the bell rang I was the first one out the door. As I got to my locker Rose was right there waiting. Now that Mika is Roses mate he sits with us at lunch. At our own little table by the window.

As we walked in I knew Andrew was sitting with his friends and I was okay with that. Rose and I walked to our spot and sat down. I felt his questioning eyes on my back as I ate my lunch. “Uh Molls your mates staring at you.” Rose said as Mika took his place. “Oh I know I can feel his stare. It’s very uncomfortable.”

As we were finishing our lunch Rose quickly muttered. “Atemay omeingcay erehay” Pig Latin for ‘Mate coming here’ I gave her the 'you’re so stupid' look just as Andrew slid into the seat next me. I turned to look at him. “How was your day?” I asked. “Better now.” He replied. “That’s so cheesy!” Rose yelled as I glared at her.

 Andrew chuckled and spoke “Oodgay neoay Oseray!” Pig Latin for ‘Good one Rose’ Rose looked so shocked that he knew pig Latin. Pig Latin was always a way for us to speak and no one understand. She looked him dead in the eye with her most serious voice spoke “That is our thing.” Motioning to me and her as she stood up.

 “I’ve got my eyes on you.” She did the finger thing motioning from her eyes to him and back as she left. I burst out laughing as soon as I saw Andrews face he looked scared. Got to love my best friends. “You do know that she will be watching you. Always watching.” Mika yelled as he walked to catch up with her.

“Why didn’t you sit with me today?” I looked at him full of concern and worry. The way his eyes looked and his brows furrowed together made me feel sad about him. “I thought if I sat there your friends would stare at me like the freak of school. Oh wait I am.” I joked as I took out the pencil I had stuck in my hair earlier.

I started to doodle on my unused napkin. “You’re not a freak.” I looked at him “You truly don’t believe I’m a freak do you?” he smiled and shook his head. “Oh really ask me a nerdy question and let’s see if I know it?” He laughed and thought. “Do you think by answering a question will make you a freak?” I laughed and said yes. “Okay name 12 digits of pi.” “Really that’s the hardest one you could think of. Its 3.14159265359.” he looked at me for a while in silence just staring at me.

“God that’s so hot.” He whispered. I froze slowly turning to look at him. “What?” I whisper yelled. He broke out of a trance and said “Like sure crop tops are smoken but you, you truly are amazing. You can name any movie any science fact and that is what I call hot. You’re the smartest person I know and I know a lot of people. It just amazes me.”

I couldn’t respond my mind was blank. The only thing that came to mind was in Latin hot is Calidum. But I didn’t say that out loud. He kissed my forehead and stood up. “Thanks I think” was the only thing that came out of my mouth. He offered me his hand and I took it.

“Oh my god I am so stupid you say this really nice thing and all I can say is ‘Thanks’” I said. He looked at me and chuckled. “I like it when I make you lose your words. Also when you blush.” I used my free hand to push open the door. “No, I didn’t blush did I?” “Yup you did it.” We walked in silence to our next class. It wasn’t a bad silence but a good one, but one where you can relax and be free.

I couldn’t think of anything the rest of the day but him. That stupid boy who’s turning my life upside down. When I got home after practice I hopped into the shower. As the water ran down my face I heard someone bang on the door.

I turned the water off and wrapped a towel around my body. I made my way to the front door and looked out one of the side windows. Of course it would be Andrew that would come when I’m wrapped in a towel. “Molly I know you are there I can hear your heart beat.” I muttered a little curse and opened the door.