Moved Away to Love

I woke up to my to kid siblings whispering excitedly to each other. I rolled over and the hushed each other. They tip toed over to my bed and I jumped up growling playfully as I rough my arms in the air. They screamed and an around the room, me chasing after them. I grabbed the both and through them onto my bed tickling them which resulted in fits of giggles from us all.

"Good morning sillies."

"Morning Kate!" they both responded looking up at my with wide smiles.

I looked down at Charlotte's toothy grin and poked her nose. Liam nuzzled his small head into my side and I draped my arm around both of them.

"I love you two." I said to them as our bedroom door squeaked open. In walked our caretaker, Monica, her deap red hair in light waves around her face.

"Hey you guys!" she greeted us,"I see they already got you up."she chuckled referring to my two little alarm clocks.

They giggle and hid their blushing faces in the blanket.

"Hey Katelyn, may I speak to you outside for a moment?" Monica asked me.

"Sure." I gave my brother and sis quick kisses, but as I headed for the door the hopped up.

"No! Don't go" the pleaded.

I laughed and stroked their both curly messes of light blonde hair. "I will be right back! Go pick out a book and I will read you a story." I heard a chorus of yays from them as I turned away.

Monica placed a warm hand on my back and led me out of the room, closing the door behind her.

"So what's up? Is there something wrong?" I asked.

"Oh no no dear! Everything is fine. Actually it is more than fine!" she gushed and jumped slightly in excitement.

"What's going on? What had gotten into you?"I chuckled at her behavior.

"I have great news! Someone is here to adopt you" my smile dropped.

You see, Liam, Charlotte and I were placed in an orphanage about three years ago, when Charlotte was only a couple of months old, Liam was three, and I as thirteen. My dad left us right after my sister was born. My mum got cancer and died a couple of months later. So we ended up here, because all of our family was gone as well.

"W-what?" I stuttered, "I can't just leave them!" I said referring to the kids.

"Oh no honey! They are here for all of you." she smiled and placing a kiss on my forehead, "There is one little detail though."

My smile faltered again.

"What now?" I exclaimed, worried once again.

"They have come all the way to England, from the US."

"Wait what? We have to go with these people we don't even know all the way across the globe? W-e can't just do that?!" I stated now beginning to have a panic attack.

"Shhhhhh. Calm down. It is all right. They are a wonderful couple! You will fit in just fine. Trust me." she looked down into my eyes and gave me a bright smile.

I smiled back up at her. I am really short for my age, only about four-two, so it was normal for me to have to look up to see people.

"Now go run along and tell the little ones to pack their things and I will introduce you to them." she shooed me off and offered my a small which I returned with a fake one.

As I walked back into our shared room their heads shot up and huge smiles instantly plastered themselves onto their small faces. They rushed over to great me and I picked up my little Charlotte and held her on my hip. I gave her a kiss on the forehead and them walked over to my bed sitting us both down. I patted the space beside my and Liam quickly sat down with us.

"Guess what guys! I have a huuuuuge surprise for you too! But you can't find out until you pack all of you things away in you bag okay?"

They gave my confused looks but dashed off to get packing. I stood up and went to the corner grabbing my own lilac coloured duffel bag and placed my few pairs of clothes, journal, and the few books I had along with a family picture I had of us all at the hospital from when Charlotte was born. I zipped my bag shut and turned around to see that the kids had their bags packed as well. I chuckled and walked back over to them, kneeling down to meet their height.

"So what is the surprise sissy?" little Liam asked eagerly.

"Yeah!?" Charlotte yelled from beside him.

"Well, there is a couple all the way from America here to adopt all of us! Miss.Monica told me that they are very nice!"

"Woah!" the both shouted, "Yay!"

"Come on let's go meet them!" I said excitedly but on the inside I was loosing my mind with worry.

I mean what if they aren't nice? What if they hate us? What if we don't fit in in America?

As we walked into the common room of the care home that we lived at I saw two people sitting in chairs next two each other holding hand with their back facing us. Charlotte squirmed in my arms and Liam's grip tightened on my hand. Monica looked up and a grim appeared on her face.

"Ahhh! Here they are now." she gestured us over.

The coupled then stood up turning around to face us. The man had dark hair and a light beard growing on his face. The lady had light brown hair and a kind smile on her face. Liam hid behind me and Charlotte had her tiny face pressed into my neck.

So this would be our new parents.

-----------------------------------------------------
Heyy guys! So this was my first chapter of a new book I am starting Moved Away to Love. I am sorry for the short chapter but I am writing this at like four in the morning and I just had to get this written down! I really hope you enjoy and I can't wait to see what you guys think! Please leave a like and a comment and tell your friends if you like! Bye lovelies.
~Ashton