Ch. 18: Condemn Me, For I Have Remained Silent

Nothing in the universe can compare to the feeling of sleeping beside your significant other; their legs intertwined with your own, the bedsheets bundled around your diverse frames, and their heavenly scent filling your lungs with each soothing breath was forever etched into my mind as pure bliss. Especially when that certain someone was Levi, with his vanilla, laundry- detergent hybrid smell wafting from his porcelain skin and secure arms snaked around my body. I eventually fell in love with his slumbering flaws, like his acute snoring, which became something close to a lullaby whenever he fell asleep before me.

However, when Sunday morning rolled around, I found myself slightly regretting my intimate claims. Furthermore, Sunday morning wasn't the only thing that rolled into my life that day, or should I say, rolled onto my very being.

Levi, amidst his comatose state of sleep, had casually shifted his figure in the middle of the night and was nestled on top of my squishier one, our abdomens pressed to the other's and his head resting contently on my shoulders. Thankfully, Levi was silent, only whimpering a few groans each time he moved even a single muscle. 

Sure, he was warm and the perfect size to cuddle with, but I couldn't fathom how I was supposed to clamber out of bed with his heavy build sedentary on my entire front half.

Exhaling a quiet puff of air, I scanned our sunlit guest room with groggy eyes, noticing how the waves of light bounced off the painted walls, its pastel green hues shining brightly from the natural illumination. The curtains from a nearby window flapped from the subtle breeze that weaved its way through the mesh screen, cooling the tepid air that enveloped our residence. Outside, finches chirped and tree leaves shuffled from the mild wind, earning a pleasant smile to curl at my lips.

If I had to guess, it's probably close to seven o'clock, I pondered, absentmindedly trailing the palm of my hand from Levi's side to his shoulder blades. Perhaps if this oaf were to get off of me, I could grab a cup of coffee and watch the morning progress slowly . . . 

Squirming, Levi fidgeted against me, murmuring an incoherent sentence as he attempted to further position himself comfortably in his sleep. Inhaling a deep breath, I traced my fingertips across the nape of his neck, then began to rake them through his sloppy tresses. This relinquished an amused, drowsy giggle from the raven-haired male, and soon I could feel his dark lashes tickling the unclothed areas of my peachy skin.

"What do you think you're doing?" Levi mumbled sluggishly, proceeding to lift himself up wearily with a tired smile on his angular face.

"Busying myself by touching you," I replied bluntly, raising my same hand up to cup his jawline. "Your weight is preventing me from enjoying the beautiful day beyond your father's house."

"Oh, but I'm much more interesting than the grass and sunlight, munchkin," Levi teased, craning down to press a languid kiss to my lips. His right hand maneuvered its way to my left, lacing our fingers as we continued to indulge in compassionate smooches and dove-like touches to each other with our free hands. 

Levi pulled back first, immediately snuggling his flushed features into the crook of my neck, followed by an overly-flustered phrase along the lines of: "My darling!"

As I sighed tenderly, the chirping of morning birds was drowned out by Levi's romantic tittering and heartfelt nicknames. Massaging Levi's shoulder, I subtly attempted to push his distracted frame off of mine, ultimately failing when the stormy-eyed male ceased his incessant squabbling and straightened his posture once again, his weight centered on my lower half.

"Roxanne," he crooned, entwining my other hand with his left one and playing with them silently, "I'm not ready to get out of bed."

"You're telling me this, why?" I questioned matter-of-factly, mimicking his doting action as the right corner of my mouth curled into a grin.