Chapter Twelve

My heart sank and my body locked up as Mathew forced me up. Carter side-glanced Rowan, stepping over him as he came face-to-face with me. I could hear Angelo struggling to keep Cucuy restrained. I wasn't too sure what he was doing to keep him held down because I was too focused on Carter. I was so stupid to believe that, maybe, after our last encounter he had given up on me and I knew he thought the same thing. I tried to move my hands, to try and escape, but Mathew had already wrapped them with duct tape and was holding me by my arms tightly to keep me from fighting.

"Really, William? This guy?" Carter finally spoke, giving a hard kick to Rowan, who had already stopped moving.

I tilted my head in a confused way and Carter scoffed, making Mathew chuckle. Suddenly, Carter's face morphed into anger and his hand struck my cheek, making me yelp into the duct tape, which came out as a whimper. I felt Carter put his gun on my cheek used it to force me to look back up at him again.

"You chose a damn cat over me? You ran away from me, tried to leave me... and tried to replace me with this weak piece of shit?" Carter growled, and I felt my heart drop. "Look at him! He doesn't even compare!"

It clicked then that Carter had come to the conclusion that he thought I was dating Rowan now. Dread filled me as I began to shake me head to let him know it wasn't true, even if it filled me with a disappointed feeling.

He'll hurt Rowan more.

It shocked me when that thought crossed my mind. Technically, Rowan and I weren't close, even if it seemed like we might be. In the moment, wouldn't it be logical to only think of preserving myself?

"Oh? No? Then why are you two together, huh? Why is this punk-ass-bitch putting his damn-self near you?" Carter snapped, holding his free hand out to Mathew, and I felt sweat drop down my face as I saw him pass Carter a blade.

I felt Mathew put his hand on my neck, and flinched when he yanked back the hoodie I had on straight to my hands. I whimpered through the duct tape as Carter grabbed my shirt and stabbed right through it. I went still as I felt the blade brush my chest. Tears welled up in my eyes as Carter began to cut open my shirt.

"Now, I don't like repeating myself. But I've told you many times, that you're mine. My lover, my property, my fucking bitch." he snapped, ripping off the rest of my shirt. "I told you how shit works like you asked. You're not allowed to betray me, or try to leave me to whore around. You. Are. Mine."

Tears began to fall as I dared to shake my head. In response, he punched me in the gut, which I kind of doubled over, but Mathew held me up.

"You. Don't. Tell. Me. No!" Carter emphasized each word with a punch to the gut or my face, then he grabbed me by my hair and forced me to look back up as tears flowed down my cheeks. "This time, you will learn your lesson. You'll come home with me. Then we can try again and make that b—"

I kicked him in the knee, cutting him off, as he snarled and rubbed his knee. Even if Rowan was out cold, I wouldn't let him finish that disgusting sentence. As Carter straightened himself, he was about to hit me again for kicking him until he noticed my glance towards Rowan. He looked back at him and then at me before grinning.

"Oh... oh, does he not know? What would happen if he tried to screw you?" he pushed the gun against my bruised stomach and I felt heat rush there, but not from pain. "What could be made in that slutty body of yours?"

I don't want him to know. Count to ten. Imagine— imaginesomethingelse. Relaxrelaxrelaxrelax—

"Well, he won't ever get to. Like I said, and I'll say it as many times as I need to, to get it through that thick head of yours, you're mine." he said reaching for my pants. "You just like to break the rules."