Chapter 2

~Harry's POV~

I sit in silence, watching as the doctor informs my friends that there really is something seriously wrong with me.

Mute.

That words rings in my brain long after visiting hours are over and everyone but Liam has left. I can't talk, I can't sing. I feel like I'm letting the lads down, but I have no control over it. I have to decide what's more important, our career or our lives?

"Harry, you awake?" Liam asks from his bed next to mine. The curtain is drawn back so we can see each other, and I nod, knowing that Liam is watching me.

He sighs, and I look over at his bed to see him frowning. "What are we... going to do?" Liam asks rhetorically, looking into my eyes. "We have a tour in a week... that's been sold out for months. How are we supposed... to reschedule?" I know Liam isn't trying to make me feel bad, he's just puzzling everything out, something he does often. It still makes me sad, knowing that it's all my fault this is happening.

"I know you can't... help it, Harry, but I wish you... could just tell me what happened to you." Liam says. I'm not sure if he's addressing me or thinking out loud, not that I'd answer either way. "Louis said you... were fighting with the nurses. Were... you scared?" He tries, and I look at my hands, nodding.

Another sigh from Liam, then some quiet mumbling that I don't quite catch. "When I find... out who did this to you I will punch... their face in." He says angrily, just loud enough for me to catch. My eyes widen and I shake my head violently. Liam can't know, ever. Especially since he told me why he was doing what he did. I knew it wasn't over yet...

~Amy's POV~

I watch as Niall paces back and forth across the room, spewing out words a mile a minute. I've gotten better at reading lips, but when Niall is angry I don't think anyone can understand him, even if they can hear him speak. Zayn and Louis are sitting on the couch with me, trying and failing to get Niall to calm down. I'm not sure what he's so wound up about, but I have a feeling it has to do with Harry.

"He punched his friend in the face!" Niall says slowly, his face red. I can assume he's yelling from the way Louis and Zayn wince, so I know he must be agitated. Zayn finally stands and walks over to the fuming Irish, hugging him tightly to keep him from moving.

"Niall. Calm. Down." Zayn says, enunciating each word slowly, probably to emphasize his point. Niall nods a little, glaring at the wall but not fighting Zayn. Louis says something quickly, and Niall nods. After a quick exchange of words that goes by too quickly for me to read, Zayn releases Niall and pulls out his phone. From what I could catch, he's ordering pizza. He either said something really heartfelt or distracted Niall with food. I'm going with the second option. Not that I'm complaining, because I'm hungry, too.

~•~•~•~•~

"When do Liam and Harry get back?" I ask softly, getting Zayn's attention. Niall and Louis are watching a movie, and I'm helping Zayn clean up the kitchen. Zayn never really picked up on sign language like Harry and Niall, so I have to actually talk to him instead of signing. He thinks about it for a minute before sighing.

"Harry comes home tomorrow, Liam in two days I think. Depends on how well he does tomorrow." Zayn replies, and another question immediately comes into my head.

"What will you do about your tour?" I ask, and this time Zayn shakes his head.

"I don't know. We've sung without a member before, but it's never been for more than a few performances. And Harry has so many parts, I just don't think we can do it. Plus, he's like the favorite member." Zayn says, putting down the plate he's been holding since we started talking and rubbing the back of his neck.