The History of the Realms

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Before the beginning there was God and his perfect children, the angels, who served him for all eternity. God was pleased, and peace resounded in his kingdom. Until the fateful day when God's child Lucifer rose against him, wanting the throne and the praise afforded only to God. As punishment for his rebellion, God cast his son Lucifer and all those loyal to him into a prison called Purgatory. Gated by the River of Souls, an inferno that burns bright and hot with the anguish of souls in eternal punishment for turning from God. Even after the rebellion was cast out, unrest remained in the Kingdom of Heaven, as the angels were no longer perfect. Thus, in the beginning God created the heavens and the earth; the birth of the human world. God created man in his image, and peace fell over his kingdom once again.

The vengeful King Lucifer continued to strive for the throne, plotting against his father and giving birth to children of his own, the demons. The kingdom of Purgatory continued to scrape against the kingdom of Heaven through the battleground of Middle Earth. Just as history is written, Lucifer appeared in the form of a serpent to the humans of the garden, pushing them over the edge of perfection into the clutches of sin. Just as the fallen angels before them, the fallen humans were no longer perfect and could no longer enter the Kingdom of Heaven.

To restore man to Heaven, the King created an extension of himself, named Jesus, born of a virgin, to be the perfect sacrifice for the imperfections of his human creation. Through the death of Jesus, the humans were once again welcomed into the Kingdom of Heaven, and peace fell over the Kingdom once again. When the sacrifice was complete the heavens and the earth were bound by the bridge of light. As the heavens shook hands with the Earth, the Goddess was born, bound to God and to the Earth just as the bridge was bound to both Kingdoms.

In response, the King of Purgatory constructed the bridge of fire. Only his children could use the rift to cross from their realm into the Middle Kingdom of the Earth. Lucifer sent the demons to claim human souls from the Earth, stealing them away from the Kingdom of Heaven, and returning them instead into the army of Purgatory. Goddess was displeased with the children of Purgatory in her realm and took pity on her husband's human children. Goddess took clay from deep within the Earth and from it molded a magnificent protector; the Dragon King Ignatius. The King had the body of a serpent adorned with magnificent multicolored scales. His impressive bat like wings created gusts of powerful winds with each flap, and from his snout the fire of life poured out to extinguish the trespassing children of Purgatory. An immortal being, Ignatius served the Goddess and the Earth with complete faith. When the humans began to hunt the great dragon, Ignatius was forced to bring his Sky Kingdom into hiding. Afraid for her children, the Goddess created the paradise realm of Firdous. This is where the Sky Kingdom dwells in peace, their warriors crossing the Earth bridge to hunt the demons and to protect the humans that had turned against them.

Lucifer was troubled by the imbalance caused by Ignatius and his children and decided to create a monster of his own. Purgatory was a living cage, and from its depths Lucifer chipped away at its walls, until the carving could be pried free. The piece was then cemented in the River of Souls until a great beast burst forth; named Cerberus, the first hellhound. His jaws were strong enough to break the thick scaled wings of a dragon, and his legs and claws were strong enough to withstand the great winds of their wings. Satisfied with his new breed of soldiers, Lucifer sent Cerberus through the breach to the human world with a victorious smirk.

Once there, Cerberus breed with the wolves, creating a small army of hellhounds that meet Ignatius and his Sky Kingdom in the first Great War. As the Light Realm and the Dark Realm took up arms for control of the Middle Kingdom. The hellhounds and the demons allied together in what seemed to be an endless battle with the dragons. Until at long last, the Great War came to a screeching halt when Ignatius sacrificed himself to bring Cerberus into the center of the Earth, where both creatures were scorched from existence. Setting a new precedent for immortality; that even it breaks to the heart of the Earth. At the loss of Cerberus, the armies of Purgatory were forced to retreat back into the cage, and the Middle Kingdom remained with the Goddess within her Realm of Light. The Goddess appointed the throne of Ignatius to his greatest warrior who had won the most honor among the dragons. Establishing a tradition of both the throne and the namesake of Ignatius passing on to the one who had earned the greatest honor.