Chapter 1

*Kayla's P.O.V*

"Kayla, can you please bring in the rest of the boxes from the car?!" My mother yelled from the kitchen of our new house. Groaning, I doggy-eared my page in my book and got up from my bed frame. Looking around my room I calculate how much work it's going to take to finish it.

"Kayla!" My mother yelled again

"I'm coming mom!" I exclaimed. I run out of my room and down the stairs into the kitchen seeing my mom in pack the dishes and utensils. Her long black hair cascades down her back and moves back and forth as she opens cabinets. She turns around and shrieks as she sees me.

"Jesus Kayla, next time warn me when you come down." She scolds me playfully with a teasing smile on her lips

"Yeah, okay mom. Where are the boxes that you wanted me to bring in." I cross my fingers behind my back hoping she already brought them in. What? I'm a teenager I'm lazy.

"They are in the trunk of the van and be careful your grandmother china is in there." My mom explains. I nod and make my way out the door heading toward our driveway. I take a look around the neighborhood and can automatically tell the people out here are loaded. Pools, basketball courts, and long driveways all accompany each house. I turn to look at the house that my mom and I just moved into. It sits at the very end of the neighborhood with a drive stretching from the garage to the street. The house itself is a light pink and white that stretches to our very big backyard. I look up to my bedroom window and see boxes overflowing the room. The way my room is set up I have a perfect view of the drive way and the neighborhood.

A knocking sound interrupts my thoughts. I turn to the downstairs window and see my mom waving her hands around with a questioning face. I know she wants to know what taking so long. I just nod and open the trunk and take out the remaining boxes. I go back inside and set the them down.

"Thank you, honey you should go around town and look around tow to get use to it," My mom suggest with a hopeful expression.

"But mom." I whine "I really want to finish my book!" The book I'm currently reading is Pretties by Scott Westerfield the series seriously gives me life. I love it so much.

"Well, on the way in I saw a library so you can you can take the van and explore." I jump up after hearing her say this. It's not everyday she lets me drive the van alone.

"Ok, I'll be back in two hours or so," I say as I grab the keys and head out the door.

"Make sure you keep your phone on just in case I need to reach you!" My mom exclaims from the living room.

*_**_*_*_*_*_*

I drive down the street nodding my head along to Give Me Love by Ed Sheeran. Looking around the small town I see a bakery, a bank, a grocery store, Walmart etc. Finally I pass by the library, I make a U-turn and turn into the parking lot. Locking the van, I go towards the entrance. The library is small, quiet, and empty.

"Hi darling, how can I help you?" A elderly lady says at the front desk

"Oh, I'm just going to look around." I say kindly to her. She nods and goes back to doing some on the computer.

I'll make my way toward the teen fiction section and I see a girl about my age looking at some books. She turns to me and smiles.

"Hi, I'm Scarlotte. You must be the new girl in town." I give her a questioning glance and raise my eyebrow.

" Oh, I'm not a stalker if that's what you think. It's just a small town and word gets around quickly." She explains

I laugh, "I see, well I'm Kayla nice to meet you."

"Will you be attending West Brook high tomorrow?" She asks. I nod and smile.

"Yeah, I'm assuming you go there," I state

"Yeah I do. And you just made a friend! Yay!" Wow she's really hyper. She looks down at her watch and her facial expression grow serious and frantic."Well I have to go, uhh-somewhere, so I will see you tomorrow," Her sudden mood change was odd but I didn't question it.

"Yeah I will see you at school," I trail off as she scurries away.

Suddenly not interested in the library, I make my way to the parking lot heading to the van. Scarlotte is long gone which is weird because she just left a few seconds before me. I shrug away that thought and head home anxious for school tomorrow.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

NEW STORY!!!! Yay! Please comment because books are better with comments, at least in my opinion lol. Also, please vote this chapter. I will try to update weekly. Ciao!